Suspicious Suspect

Dear Issac,

Today Detective Hail came over to my house to continue the investigation on your murder. We went to visit Brandon Garcia. I felt kind of weird because since his was our last suspect I didn't know if we were ever going to find your killer.

When we visited Brandon, he was awfully quiet and it bugged me for some unknown reason. For every question that Detective Hail had, Brandon had an quick answer. Detective Hail would sometimes give Brandon a suspicious look. Brandon would give short bland answers, trying to get the interview over with. I don't know what it was but looking at Brandon gave me an uneasy feeling, as if i should know what was going on with him. 

"On the night of the supposed murder-"

Brandon cut Detective Hail off, "Issac committed suicide." 

Detective Hail ignored his comment and continued, " On the night of the supposed murder, you said you were?..."

"I had a job that night." Brandon answered quickly, as if the conversation was rehearsed. 

"Where do you work at?" I had asked, desperate for answers.

"I dress up as clowns, or cartoon characters for little kids birthday parties." Brandon seemed pretty proud of his answer.

"I thought you worked at the video game store?" Detective Hail asked, obviously knowing he had Brandon cornered.

Brandon's face twisted, into something i couldn't read. "That's my other  job. I have another job. I need to support my sister and me. We live on our own, if you didn't know."

A look of understanding passed between Detective Hail and me.

"Alright then thank you for your time Brandon." Detective Hail stood up, shook his hand and left briskly. I followed suit.

Once outside i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding. "That's the guy! Thats who murdered Issac! We should arrest him! Come on call for backup." I was desperate for justice. I wanted him to go to jail, for killing my best friend.

"Fiona, we can't just do stuff like that. We need to be 100% sure he killed Issac. We can't act on instinct." He looked perplexed, which worried me. 

Issac, I didn't know what to do. I wanted to call the police on Brandon. But I knew Detective Hail was right. I needed to wait for evidence that would prove Brandon was completely guilty. And i would do anything to speed the process up.

Love,

Fiona.

Credit to : @sugardaddydestiel for the help on this chapter