Sympathy

Dear Issac,

Today I went to school since my mother forced me to. As I walked in the school people were already staring. I tried to ignore them as I headed to my class but that's when a girl approached me. I don't think I've ever seen her before. 'I'm so sorry about your best friend, Issac. He was a good guy. If you need anything let me know.' She had said. I had barely just walked into the school and I was already getting people's pity. I hated it. Why couldn't they leave me alone. But from there it only got worst. By the time lunch came around  more than 24 people had came up to me and told me they were sorry. I couldn't stand it. Didn't they know that, that just made it worst? I tried to blink away my tears but wasn't able to fast enough as the tears came pouring down my face. I had ran to the girl's restroom and locked myself in a stall. I knew I should have tried to stay strong like you would've wanted me to but I couldn't. I just couldn't. I cried my eyes out, Issac. I knew its weak and pathetic but I couldn't hold them in anymore.

And just crying itself, made me remember of you. Like that one time in 4th grade when the students in my class were making fun of me and being mean to me because I had accidentally got gum in  my hair and I had to cut off  a lot of hair. I looked so funny but people were bullying me about it and one day I couldn't take it anymore, I ran to the restroom and cried. You came into the girls restroom to comfort me. Then you left and when you came back your hair was also cut off from one side. You had told me that his way we both looked the same and they couldn't judge you. You told me that you would always be there for me no matter what.

You had always been there for me no matter what. I honestly don't know what I'd do with out you. But I guess now I'll have to figure out how to live with out you. It's a challenge because I've practically had you by my side my whole life.

After school today I ran home and locked myself in my room. Like always, no one paid any attention to me. Which I was grateful for. Why did you leave me, Issac. I thought everything was fine. I guess not. I should have been there for you. I was a terrible best friend....

Love,
Fiona