Chapter 44

He's here.

I continued to gasp for the air surrounding me as I laid my wide, glassy eyes on Nathan's lean figure and watched as he set his hate filled gaze on Greg's and sent his fist flying into Greg's face.

If I wasn't already rasping for air, I would have gasped in shock at the force of Nathans punch.

Greg's head snapped back violently and his body ceased all fight as it went limp under Nathans mighty frame.

Within seconds of delivering the knockout punch, Nathan was towering over my frail body. He knelt down next to me, his eyes scouring over every inch of my torn up arms and legs and working their way up to my bruising face.

"Alex..." His voice cried out in a tiny whisper filled with so much anguish as his eyes began to pool with unshed tears.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." It came out as a broken whisper since my voice was not only in pain from being strangled but my throat also kept clenching with so much unspoken emotion.

Nathans eyebrows dipped in confusion and he shook his handsome head.

"Why are you sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for-"

"I didn't believe you," I whimpered as I felt his fingers caress across my face, removing strands of my own hair from my vision. "You were right about Silvia."

I never broke our eyes connection as I spoke to him. I took in every quiver of his lip and flicker of emotion through radiant blue eyes as he stared down at me.

"Greg set you up."

Tears began to overflow as I admitted my mistake, my horrid mistake that caused both Nathan and I copious amount of unbearable heartache.

"I'm so sorry," I choked out weakly.

I was met with a gentle shushing from Nathan as he shook his head, his stare imploring mine as he brought his face closer. His familiar scent of mint and coffee washed over me and filled my body, making me feel instantly heady with joy and the feeling of security wrapped through my mind.

"That's over with. There's no need to even talk about it," he said to me soothingly as his warm hand slipped underneath my neck and moved up the cradle my battered head.

"I didn't trust you...I had no reason not to..." I cried pathetically. The events of the past week came flooding back to me all at once, the grief gripping at my heart and causing my tears to pour out more steadily.

"Shh, it's over. The only thing I care about is getting you out of here and to a hospital." He spoke with gentle conviction, his stare still warming me with the compassion and love shining through his eyes.

I felt his fingers splay out over the expanse of the back of my head; an odd look passed through his stare. The warm comfort of his fingers slowly left the back of my head and let it lay back on the hard floor.

Nathan brought his hand out and examined it. I watched in a hazed curiosity as Nathans eye's doubled in size and filled with horror.

"Shit."

I couldn't see what had gotten Nathan so freaked out but when he wiped his shaking hand against his tan slacks, I saw it.

Blood.

"Alex, baby, did you hit your head? Do you remember hurting your head at all?" he asked quickly with concern etched in his eyes.

I nodded. "Travis threw me..."

"Travis?" Nathan looked in the direction that I pointed to with my eyes and I felt his entire body tense next to me.

"Motherfucker," he spat as he turned to me, sliding his hand under my neck and the other under my legs, preparing to lift me.

A Fractured Lover (Student/Teacher)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara