Chapter 25

The next day passed with far less drama than the one before.

Now that everyone close to me knew about Nathan and I, life seemed easier and brighter and I was practically prancing around the apartment in glee, humming along to every song that came on the radio Friday morning getting ready for Nathans class.

Today marked the beginning of Nathans last week as my official professor. Mrs. Smith had extended her maternity leave by another week due to some unforeseen complications. She was fine now, which I was grateful for but a large part of me would miss having Nathan front and center of the classroom three days a week, just listening to him talk and get to witness his passion for photography really shine through his seminars. He would obviously still be in the classroom but just as Mrs. Smiths assistant until the end of the semester; which was thankfully only a few months away.

I danced around my room to the beat of a random Rihanna song as I yanked on an emerald colored tank top that flowed around my waist,  then grabbed a pair of white shorts out of my drawer to complete the outfit.

My hand hesitated over the drawer that contained all of my shorts and work out clothes. That familiar foreboding feeling washed over me from a couple days ago when I was on my run. I had been almost positive that someone was watching me. Yet, as I strained my eyes to look through the trees and tried to spot any single person or thing out of place, I simply couldn't.

I shrugged that confining fear away for the time being since I didn't see anything and had probably just been paranoid. But, the thought of skipping my run for today was all too appealing as I shut my drawer with a resolute bang. This would be one run that I would just have to skip.

I arrived in the school parking lot just in time to get to class. I looked out of my window and spotted Ben and his crazed, brunette locks of hair waiting for me in our designated spot in front of the large Arts building.

An anticipating smile made its way onto my lips as the thought of seeing Nathan within a few minutes sprung to my mind. I made my way out of my car, slamming the door behind me as I walked towards to Ben. His eyes found mine and a sly smirk formed on his pink lips.

Now what?

I ran a hand through my way chestnut colored hair and gave him my own puzzled look as I found my way in front of his tall frame.

"What's with the look?" I asked.

His eyebrows popped up in mock surprise. "What ever could you mean, baby?"

Oh, jeez. Someone please shoot me now.

"Whatever you have in mind, don't do it. You already caused enough issues last time you pulled this whole overly attached boyfriend stunt. Look, I know I'm amazing and everything but seriously, you've gotta take it down a notch," I said with my own playful smirk.

Ben let out a very fake, very un-amused laugh as he slung his arm around my shoulder and we started walking to class.

"I can't even begin to understand how McCoy handles you. You're too damn sarcastic for your own good," Ben grumbled under his breath, a teasing air surrounding his words and tone.

A cheeky smile spread across my lips. "Oh, come on. You know you love me! You'd love me even more if my name was Mia though," I said bravely, catching Ben completely off guard.

His steps halted immediately and his face was one of pure shock. I spun around on my heel to face him and could tell he was having an internal battle within himself on whether to deny it or not.

Guess which side won.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he said almost convincingly, if it weren't for the small twitch of his lips that occurred whenever he was lying.