Chapter 31

"Greg?"

Nathans eyes widened to a size I hadn't thought possible for a human being. His brows drew together at the center and his entire face filled with a red tint of pure rage.

"Yes, baby. It's me. Did you miss me?"

I could feel the bile rising in my esophagus, my glands beginning to salivate as my stomach churned painfully at the sound of his torturous voice.

"How did you get this number?"

I heard him sigh deeply on the other end, an elongated silence following.

"Ever the tease, aren't you, Alexandria?" His vile lips spoke my full name and my legs wobbled uncontrollably and gave out from underneath me at his usage of my full name, what he always used to call me and refused to use any other form of nickname.

Thankfully, Nathan was there to catch me, anchoring me to his body like a vice around my waist. He was my anchor and I was his ever sinking ship, bound for destruction.

"That's no matter," he continued. "You know I always liked your teasing side the best. How I've missed our conversations; our relentless flirtations."

"I'm calling the cops." I threatened, my voice sounding far frailer than I intended.

"Ah, ah, ah...I wouldn't do that if I were you, love. You wouldn't want me to inform them about that professor of yours, now would you?"

Alarm ripped through my body as my head lifted up to capture Nathans stare.

How did he know about him?

Nathan looked down at me, concern etched in his sapphire stare. My breathing was becoming rapid as I tried to devise a way out of this.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I pretended to play stupid.

A 'tut' rang out rhythmically on the other end of my phone. He was scolding me like a child.

"Don't play the ignorant one, darling.  Stupid isn't a good look on you. You know exactly who I'm talking about."

"No, Greg, I really don't know what professor you're talking about." I lied

That statement caught Nathans interest. His head cocked to the side, his eyes alight with curiosity.

"I said don't lie to me, Alexandria!" He screamed from the other end, causing fright to jolt through my body and Nathans grip on my waist to tighten. One of his hands came up to cup the side of my neck tenderly, his eyes pouring themselves reassuringly into mine.

"I know everything. I know where you've been. I know who you hang out with. I know all about you and your professor and I can't deny that I'm not at least a bit upset with you."

"How?" I asked helplessly, grasping desperately at the ends of my sanity and the need to know how he had all of this information.

"I saw you two together, months ago at that club where you looked absolutely ravishing." He hummed hungrily at the memory.

Shock shot throughout my body and my eyes grew wide. I could feel the tears beginning to pool in my hazelnut eyes as my gaze reflected in Nathans.

"You were there?" I asked hesitantly, unwilling to want to hear what I knew his answer would be.

"Yes, baby," he laughed, his tone turning sickeningly sweet. "I went to get you back that night. And I almost had you too if it hadn't of been for your teacher who intervened before I could get to you before you passed out. You looked so lovely and so damn sexy...if it hadn't of been for that bastard, we would be together right now, my love."