Chapter Eighteen: Mission 'Shadow-Kill'

E. L. O. S. got down off of the shores of Pirates bay undetected and headed to the branched nearby to confirm that they were not being made by the pirates. Chimalli took down the pirates who were on the watch-out posts on the far side of the island with his flawless skills in archery.

It was wise to not to separate from the group in order to infiltrate, so they decided to stick to eachother.

The team of elite warriors made their way through the narrow passage ways by blending in with the darkness and the shadows. There were pirates from the watch out roaming around the town, looking for suspicious behavior.

As they went on, they heard footsteps from the parallel lane and the team slowed down and peeked to see what was happening on the otherside.

A pirate patrol division was heading their way with canines sniffing all around the vicinity.

"There are three canines with them. Eventhough the guards won't spot us, the dogs will surely do" said storm.

There was a slight pause as everyone went quiet. Only the hard sniffing sound of the dogs was to be heard. And then there was a light bark, and then the barking started to get loud. The hounds had sensed something other than the pirates. The barking got louder and louder.

The team readied their weapons to battle. After a few barks, everything went silent again. Storm and the rest of the team were puzzled.

Then at that very moment they heard a whistle from where the pirates and the hounds were supposed to be. The confused team members peaked again and this time to find that all the pirates were put down and the canines sedated as they were snoring heavily.

There was a shadow standing right next to the scene. It was a woman. The others stopped in their tracks because storm had just dropped his sword at the very sight of this mysterious woman.

Storm recognized her.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were in Luxenberg" said Storm.

"Well I was, until I got to know that you were going to do something stupid and trying to get yourself killed" said the woman.

"How does she know that? This was a secret mission! No one is supposed to know about this!" said Xiphil to Storm.

The woman over heard him.

"Well, I don't mean to burst your bubble, but he knows you are coming Storm" said the woman.

"Who knows?" asked Storm.

"Dragonskull you fool" answered the woman.

The people couldn't believe what this mysterious woman was talking about. Ontaria lost her breath for a second. The whole group was drowned in fear and nervousness.

"How is he aware of our presence?" asked Ontaria.

"Well...how do I put it? There's a snitch among the higher councils in one of the tribes reporting all the classified information to Dragonskull and that's how he is aware of your every move. You better find out who that person is or you will never win this war" said the woman.

They refused to believe what she just said, but it was quite obvious to everyone that what she was telling is the truth and she had proved it.

"That doesn't explain us how you are aware of this mission" said Xiphil.

"Yes that's a good question. Why don't you ask your team captain regarding that?" she said.

All of the warriors turned to Storm. Storm was speechless, but he mustered off some courage to explain about this untimely encounter.

"Well, I didn't believe this day would come but since it has, I have no choice but to say it." He continued. "The person you are looking at is the step daughter of the person we are trying to assassinate. Dragonskull."

Chimalli put out a small giggle of disbelief but stopped right away as Storm gave him a stern look towards him.

-M