Chapter One: The Siege.

"Charge!" commanded the first mate, to the adrenaline-filled pirates.

The pirates rushed on to the shore with their swords held high with much motivation and guns blazing. It was terrifying, shameful and disgraceful to think that Dragonskull would even consider attacking a fellow tribe whom he had relations with in the past.

The Viking distress bells were ringing in the background and canons were blasting off on to the weak spots of the great high walls of the fortress by the vast fleet of pirate ships. The Viking warriors rushed to the area where the attacks were progressing in order to slow them down.

But it was too late. The pirates have already infiltrated the walls and were well on their way to the castle premises.

Death toll was sky-rocketing by the hundreds and destruction to the houses and buildings was brutal.

Lady Bloodaxe and her young Viking son have woken up from their sleep by the maids and were rushed on to the balcony where the destruction was in plain sight. She was shocked by the sight and could not believe her eyes at first.

For the eight year old Viking prince, it was as if a dream had come to life.

"Take Eric to the dungeons and keep him there. No matter what happens, do not let them take him! IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?!" shouted Lady Bloodaxe to her most trusted maid Vivian Heldermat.

Immediately, she took off with young Eric and her own daughter, Mary who was the same age as Eric, into the dungeons.

The queen turned to the sight of the destruction and commanded the troops present there.

"Guard every entrance to the castle. We cannot afford to lose the Ox gem in the absence of my husband".

She turned to the general of warfare and asked for the updates of the siege and the general replied,

"Milady, they know everything about our island. They have attacked every corner of the island where we are weak, which is impossible to believe. They seem to know everything inside-out. We are at disadvantage here Milady!"

The queen was confused as to how the foe knew about the weaknesses of the fortress. Instead of dwelling on the obvious, she rushed to the battle room and changed her robes into her battle-armour which she never thought she would need in her life.

The general and his Viking army rushed to the main gate and braced for inevitable impact.

After few moments passed by, everything went into awkward and unlikely silence. The whole Viking army in the castle premises was confused.

"This is odd!" said the queen to the higher-ups. "They should be here by now rushing on to the main gate."

The general commanded the Archers to look out for the enemy, from the watch-out towers.

"General, there is no one to be seen in the vicinity. Only dead bodies are to be witnessed. Maybe our troops have defeated the pirates. Maybe we have won!"

"Don't get so cocky" said the queen to the soldier. "I've got a feeling that this isn't finished yet".

As soon as the words came out of her mouth, a Viking fell down from the top of the watch tower.

Everyone gasped! An arrow had pierced through his heart and before anyone could do anything, the Pirates came from behind and put guns on the heads of all the higher-ups.

This was hard to believe. Infact all the Vikings, including Lady Bloodaxe, were shocked to witness this.

How did this happen? What went wrong? How did they know every single piece of information about Asmorath?

"What is this madness?" shouted the queen, struggling to free herself from the Pirate grip. "How do you have so much information about the island? No outsider was allowed into the island before!"
At thatmoment, a dark figure appeared out of the shadows from the far-side of the castle. He was huge, with long beard and an arsenal of guns on his belt. It was Captain Dragonskull, the leader of the pirates, and with a husky voice he said,

"You wouldn't believe me even if I tell you, Milady!"

Dragonskull slithered into forbidden space, inches away from the rich blue waters of the Queen's eyes and murmured,

"They weren't wrong! She is a beauty. Too bad you have to die tonight!"

All the pirates started laughing. The laughs were barbaric. She was helpless. The Vikings were helpless. She gathered all the courage she had left and looked back at Dragoskull's eyes and said,

"My husband is going to find you, and he will bring your head to Asmorath on a spike and feed it to the..."

"Oh please!" interrupted Dragonskull. "He has to have the Gem to defeat me. He is nothing without the gem to power-up his battle axe! He is nothing without it", said Dragonskull in an insulting tone. "Now then, will you please tell me where I can find the Ox-gem?"

He asked the queen while walking around her like a hawk searching for its prey.

"I will never tell you! YOU LOW LIFE SCUM!" answered the queen.

"If you won't tell me... maybe this might help you."

He turned his attention to a Viking soldier as he said it and placed a dagger on his throat with the intention of forcefully getting the answer from the queen.

"If you are not going to tell me, people will die tonight" said the captain.

"It doesn't matter. A lot of men died tonight" answered the queen.

Dragonskull replied,

"Yes, true. But these killings will be on your hands. They are going to die because of your ego and your false pride. Tell me where it is or there will be no men left in Asmorath".

The queen thought it through. The voice in her head said that telling him where the Ox-gem is, was the only sensible way to end this one-sided war in which they were losing.

"It's in the dungeons under the castle" said the queen.

A big evil smile spread across the face of Dragonskull as she said it.

"See! That wasn't hard. I knew you were a clever woman Lady Bloodaxe" said the Captain. "Now take me to it!

: