Chapter Two: The Hole In The Wall.

As the queen of Asmorath, accompanied by Captain Dragonskull made their way to the dungeons, alot of things went through the mind of Lady Bloodaxe.

What will Harald do when he found out that the Gem is missing and that she didn't put up a fight to protect it eventhough giving up was the only logical thing to do at the time.

Her worst fear was the fact that Eric was in a secret dungeon cell in the dungeon where they were heading towards.

"Will Dragonskull discover her son? What if he kills the one true heir to the throne?" she thought to herself.

They came closer to the Chamber of Viking Treasures. As they arrived at the chamber, Dragonskull pushed the queen towards the chest where the Gem was placed and ordered her to open the treasure chest and give the Gem to him. As she walked by, she could see some shadows through a very narrow hole in a nearby wall. It was Eric, Vivian and Mary.

She quickly took her attention away from the hole and went up to the Chest. She opened it. As she opened the heavy lid of the chest, the gold, silver and diamonds kept glowing in her face. For a moment she couldn't even keep her eyes open.

There it was, the Ox-Gem. It stood in the chest with pride above all the other priceless possessions. As she took it out of the box, a tear drop ran down her cheek. She wasn't just handing over one of the most powerful and mystical artifacts on the planet but also the pride of Asmorath and the race of Vikings. As she held the Gem in her hands and walked towards the evil Dragonskull, she quickly turned to the hardly visible hole in the wall where only she knew was there and quickly looked towards Dragonskull and handed it over.

Eric and the others didn't make any sound whatsoever. They patiently kept looking at what was happening in the next room through the hole.

"Here you go Dragonskull. Your wish has been fulfilled. Now please leave without causing any further damage." pleaded the queen kneeling.

"Oh I will leave Milady. I just have one little surprise for my old mate Harald. Just a reminder of who he is dealing with and what will happen if he gets in my way".

He pulled out the Pistol of Doom and shot the queen in the head.
Blood spattered all over the place. The queen's battle armour was painted in red.

Eric was shocked, watching through the hole in the wall, that his mother being brutally murdered by a stranger he hasn't even seen before. Vivian grabbed him and pressed towards her chest with one hand covering his face. Mary gasped and quickly hugged her mother with much fear that they would be next on the scary looking man's hit list.

Dragonskull put back the Legendary Pistol of Doom inside after blowing the smoke away which came out of the barrel after the shot.

He had no emotions whatsoever. Pirates laughed and cheered hard. The pirates left immediately.

Eric gazed through the hole with sorrow and eyes filled with tears with a pinch of regret that he could have done something to avenge his mother.

Captain Dragonskull stayed for a few moments after the other pirates left. His eyes were filled with anger and mystery. He turned away to go out of the room and something happened.

He rolled his monstrous eyes towards the hole in the wall!

Eric's heart stopped beating. He quickly got out the way and hid. For few seconds he didn't know what to do. And then he slowly peeped through the hole again to see what was going to happen.

He was gone! He was nowhere to be seen. Though it was a relief to Vivian and Mary, it was a serious problem to the young Viking.

They waited in the dark dungeons until sunrise. It was cold. Vivian tried her best to give the little children warmth. The young Viking was puzzled by the actions of the stranger who killed her mother. That man knew that someone was hiding on the other side of the wall.

He knew that we were watching the whole thing but still didn't do anything. What was he thinking? What will he do next? The smart young Viking couldn't even fall asleep.

p��w!��