Chapter Eleven: Hiejin Menace.

The moonlight was brighter than ever that night as the Pirates sailed across the deep blue sea into the territory of the Samurais with their battleships. They anchored on the shores of Hiejin and quickly regrouped near the south side of the fortress where they were going to enter and engage.

It was a cold and a silent night. William ordered the pirates to attack on his call.

The Samurais were on high alert since their king's disturbing dreams lately.

All the defense posts were highly guarded, even the south side. The pirates were a little bit distracted by the sight but they had no choice.

"Get ready mates! Let's loot ourselves a Lion-gem!"

ATTACK!!" ordered William.

The pirates rushed to the entrance of the fortress. The vigilant Samurais noticed the pirates at once. They sounded the bell and in a heartbeat, the archers were in formation on the top of the wall ready to attack.

Nevertheless the pirates rushed towards the fortress while Samurai arrows were showering upon the barbaric pirates. They fell down one dead-man at a time.

William was on his pure-bred stallion with a shield to cover him from the deadly poison-tipped arrows. He was accompanied by his private entourage of blood-thirsty pirates as they spread chaos across the battle field.

The eastern foot soldiers could not damage the foe much because the pirates were on horse-back.

Pirate swords and daggers pierced the bodies of many Samurai warriors and arrows from the top of the massive wall brought down many pirates as well.

William and the crew took down several archers with his powerful pistol and was almost at the entrance where he gave a signal to his father.

Few moments passed by... and then...

A noise emerged from the shadows.

It was not human.

It was so loud and demonic that it succeeded in gaining the attention of all.

It was a dragon rising from the shadows spitting fire at the sky, overwhelmed by the feeling of being free after so long.

No man alive at that moment on the battlefield had seen a sacred beast being unleashed to the world before since this was the first time in a century-and-a-half had this happened.

'Syntrax' was the name of the sacred beast. Dragonskull had inserted the Dragon gem into the vacant slot of the pistol and unleashed the beast itself.

Dragonskull himself was covered in dark, magical flames as he walked towards the fortress. He shot from his magic-fueled Pistol of Doom and the thick and strong walls came crashing down. Samurais screamed as they fell from the walls to their deaths.

Syntrax flew over the fortress breathing dark-crimson fire and bringing nearly everything to the ground. With demonic eyes, it struck every Samurai and even the Pirates, with fear except for Dragonskull as he was the person who was controlling the mystical beast

With its strong and heavy tail, Syntrax destroyed the structures and statues of the legendary fortress.

As Sytrax was attacking from above, Dragonskull and William accompanied by the pirates continued attacking from the ground. The Samurais were vulnerable against the father-son duo and one of the sacred weapons to back them up. The Pistol of Doom was actually living upto its reputation as one of the most indestructible weapons on earth. William was riding the best horse in Pirates-Bay and he was decapitating the Samurais as he was riding on horseback.

The pirates had discovered the hideout of the women and children while raiding the island and had them lined up in order to slaughter them.

William came forward and took out his pistol.

A pirate pushed an innocent young girl towards him. William loaded his pistol and was ready to kill the innocent Samurai child.

Not a single hesitance on his face as he was about to kill the child.

Maybe that is why they were called the wicked Pirates, as they were heartless at war. He placed the gun to the head of the little child and put out an evil smile. The young one closed his eyes while her mother was crying and pleading, on her knees with her ripped robes, not to kill her child.

SWOOSH!

It was not a gunshot that was heard.

It was a shurikan stuck in William's chest!