Chapter Thirteen: Aftermath

Izanagi was faster and it gripped Syntrax hard by its neck. Dragonskull took out his Pistol of Doom to shoot at the distracted Samurai leader.

As the Pirate pulled the trigger, a strong beam of red light exploded out of the barrel and hit Nobunaga with great force. Immediately as the strong beam of tremendous energy hit him, he was down on the ground with a large bullet hole in his heart. The other samurais were killed by Dragonskull right after the death of their leader, and Izanagi was vanished from sight as the extremely injured Syntrax struggled to get up.

It was a win for the wicked Pirates as they managed to destroy Heijin in order to get what they sought after. Dragonskull picked up the Gem infused Kitana of Fate and removed the Lion gem out of the weapon and held it high and said, "Three down, two to go!", with a wicked smile on his bruised face.

He may have won the war, but the collateral damage of it included the life of his only son. Was it even worth it? Yes it was. Global domination was far more than one Pirate's life, Dragonskull thought to himself as he carried the bloody corpse of his only son onto the ship, the 'Dragon's Nest'.

*****

The news about the Heijin attack spread like wildfire among the tribes and other parts of the world. All the leaders of the great tribes were disturbed by the attacks. Montezuma of the Aztecs and Queen Zenobia of Ancient Egypt concerned themselves about the issue at hand and called for a gathering of all the leaders of the realm to take further steps to withstand the rogue Pirates. This was about to be the first summit in a century and it was a crucial one as well.

Invitations to all the leaders were sent by the queen of Ancient Egypt to gather in the capital of Luxor. Sabretooth of Asmorath, Montezuma of the Aztecs and the acting leader of Heijin, also the eldest of the Nobunaga family tree, Musashi were all set to attend the Summit in Luxor.

Meanwhile in Asmorath...

The ruler was preparing himself for the summit and Storm was attending it with Sabretooth as the right hand man cum body guard of the king. Eric was excited to see Storm getting prepared for the journey as it was once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Storm and the others to witness a summit of the rulers of the great tribes in one place.

"So Storm what are you planning on doing when you get to Luxor? The most beautiful women in the world are from Luxor" asked Eric with slight giggle.

"Well, I am your uncle's, the mighty Viking's right hand man after all, so I will be performing my royal duties and royal duties only" with a stern look on his face, said Storm. "There is no time for women when we to do something to save the remaining power gems."

Meanwhile in the land of the Aztecs...

Montezuma, the ruler of the Aztec warriors, was busy with the preparations to leave for Luxor the land of Gold. His younger brother, Chimalli and a renowned warrior named Xiphil and who was member of the Inter- Tribal Defense Unit before becoming a guardian for the Aztec Ruler.

"I want you to keep a close eye on my husband" said the wife of Montezuma to the gaurdians of the first family. "You two are two of the finest warriors in the tribe. We do not know whom to trust anymore with all the incidents that have happened in the last few years."

"Don't worry my queen, he is in the best hands you could ever ask for" said Xiphil with overflowing confidence.