Twenty

Chapter 20

Louis’ POV (Before Simon arrived)

After talking to Niall, I picked up my phone and scrolled through my contacts. My finger slightly brushed over Eleanor’s name once I reached her contact before I decided on pressing the call button. I put the phone up to my ear and listened to the ringing sound as I waited for her to answer. After about the fourth and a half ring her angelic voice rung through the phone. “Hello?”

“Hello, El?” She sounded much different. Her voice wasn’t as cheerful as it usually sounded. Instead it sounded like she had been crying.

“Lou? Hey how are you?” Her voice sounded happier but also hopeful. I wonder what that’s about. Was she upset because of me? After all she broke up with me. Not vice versa.

“Terrible,” I mumbled. I wasn’t about to lie to her.

“I am so sorry to hear that. I heard that most of you wounded up in the hospital. How is everyone feeling?” Concern filled her voice and I realized that she was only concerned on our conditions and that’s why she was happy to hear from me. I tried to stop myself from letting a few tears slip as I answered her question. I told her about what happened between this Josh lad and Niall, I told her about the plan to get Josh and his mates in jail, I told her absolutely everything. I miss her. I miss seeing Eleanor’s face, hearing her voice, holding her in my arms, feeling those sparks every time we touched. I miss her kisses, the feeling of those beautiful soft lips on mine. I miss every single thing about her. I want to go back to holding her tight and never let her go again.

There was a long silence as she took in everything I said, after about five minutes I heard her sigh before speaking up. “You guys did the right thing. I am so proud of you. She is very lucky to have Niall and I am glad you are all safe now.” I couldn’t hold the tears back anymore. I ended up crying. On the phone. Way to go Louis. Couldn’t hold back a little longer could you? I heard another sigh and Eleanor’s voice got weaker as she spoke up. “I miss you Lou, more than you will ever know.” The tears fell faster as my sobs got louder and I could hardly breathe. Once I calmed down, I spoke quietly through the phone, barely trusting my voice.

“Why?” Was all I could get out before sobbing again. Ugh why can’t I have a simple conversation without crying like a baby? She didn’t seem to understand my question because simply asked “what?” “I said, why? Why did you break up with me then?” It wasn’t supposed to come out as rude as it did and I instantly felt terrible. “Sorry,” I mumbled quietly.

After a very long silence that felt like forever I heard a quiet sob before I realized she was crying to. I heard a few noises in the background before she mumbled a “yeah, it’s fine.” Then she started talking to me again. “You were starting your US tour in a few weeks plus you’re always in the studio. You were always so upset. We could never go out in public without rude things being thrown at us. I was called a beard for months on end. You got so much hate because you were supposedly ‘gay’ and were ‘secretly dating a member of your band’. You came home irritated by it all. You can’t act the same with your best friend without people thinking that you two were automatically a couple. People sent you nonstop hate because we were together. We were told every single day that our relationship was an absolute fake, and we were together under contract for management just so you didn’t lose your job. We got hate daily. I was told to go kill myself, I was ugly and unwanted. I figured with me out of your life you would be able to focus more on the rest of your tour, you would have more time to work in the studio, you wouldn’t be worrying about me so much, and all the hate we got would just drop. I thought I was only helping you. I miss and love you more than you would ever think. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of you. I love you Lou more than anything but I thought I was doing the right thing by ending it.”