Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17

Jade's POV

Nothing helped last night. I would sleep for about an hour or so before waking up from a nightmare. It's killing me knowing that Josh could be anywhere right now. It's now 12 in the afternoon and we are headed back to the hospital. Tomorrow Niall gets to come back home, we are all happy and hoping something like this doesn't happen again, to not only him but to all of us. The cops arrived about eight this morning questioning the boys and me about Josh. They wanted to know about my past with him and what he looked like as well as his friends so they could send people out to look for them. I really hope they find them; I can't put any of us in any more danger.

The car ride was pretty silent. I am the only one who has seen Niall and the boys are terrified on what they might walk in on. I didn't tell them imuch last night about his condition. All I could do was cry and question everything. I had so much to think about it completely slipped past my mind. Last time I saw him, he was covered in bruises. He had a small brace on his wrist to protect it making sure it didn't fully break. He had IV's in him and was hooked up to heart monitors and everything. I hope he looks somewhat better today than he did yesterday.

We arrive at the hospital about ten minutes later and get out of the car. There were paps everywhere surrounding the hospital. I'm guessing someone had told them where we were and what happened. We haven't had many paparazzi problems since I've been with the boys so this scared me. We all tried to push through the paps and into the double doors that led us into the emergency room. Once we finally got through we headed straight to the elevators and I pressed the button that led to the third floor.

Finally after so much silence going on, Zayn decided to speak up as we waited for the elevator doors to open. "How is he?" He asked nervously. The doors opened allowing us to get off the elevator. I had told him and the others about the condition I last saw Niall in and showed them the way to his room. Zayn patted my back telling everything would be okay but for some reason I felt like it would only get worse before anything got okay. I looked at all the numbers carefully before seeing room 342, Niall's room. We all walked in slowly and quietly in case he was sleeping. To my surprise he was sitting up eating and watching the small TV the hung from the wall in front of him. The loud noise the door made when it closed caused Niall to slightly jump and look at us. His face lit up once he saw everyone.

"How are you mate?" Harry asked while sitting on a chair beside Niall's bed.

"Still in pain but I'm doing better. Hospital food is terrible though." He sat the plate down on the stand beside him and went to lie down. He whimpered in pain and instantly sat up again holding his side. I rushed over to his side to make sure he was okay.

"Yeah, I can tell you feel better." I state sarcastically. I helped him lie down finally after about five minutes of him crying in pain pretty much. Poor boy, I feel so bad. This is all my fault. He patted the space next to him and I carefully crawled in, lying down beside him.

"Well I must be doing better. They changed my release date to today." I look at him surprised before I smiled widely at him. "My condition is better, I still have bruises but those will take quite a while to disappear, my head is feeling better, it still hurts when I move around too much but that's expected."

"Ni, that great news." He wrapped his free arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

"What about the brace? When can you get that off?" Liam looked just as shocked as me about the news that Niall just gave us. He gets out a day earlier? He still looks in a lot of pain. Can't say I can complain though. I couldn't sleep for nothing last night without him. I've missed my little leprechaun.