Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

Jade’s POV

I have been sitting in the waiting room at the hospital for almost an hour. No news on Niall and all of us are just sitting here worried. I can’t believe Niall and Josh actually met up. What was either of them thinking? This is all of my fault. I knew Josh wouldn’t leave us alone and now here we are in the hospital all because of me. I should’ve just stayed back in California. He never bothered to hurt my family, he would just always have his friends jump me and send me threats. I’ve been thinking a lot lately, debating on if I should just end things with Niall. It would sure protect him from Josh. He wouldn’t end up in the hospital again, but I really care about Niall and I keep falling for him more and more every day. He is one of the sweetest people in the world. He will always go out of his way to protect the ones he loves and truly cares about. He would jump in front of a train if it meant protecting one of the boys or his family. He is perfect in so many ways. The way he practically drools over food and will try and make anyone laugh even if we are all having a bad day. How he always knows what to say when you are going through a complicated and rough time. I saw a guy walk out of the double doors with a clipboard in his hands.

“Ms. Jade Johnson?” I stood up when he called my name and walked over to him.

“Th-That’s me is Niall okay?” Louis, Zayn, Liam, and Harry all rush up beside me. My heart is pounding. I am a nervous wreck. I probably look like some girl in a horror movie where her hair is sticking up in a hundred different directions, her make-up is smeared all over her face and she looks just absolutely ridiculous. My eyes are all red and puffy from crying, there are tear stains on my cheeks, my breathing is all out of whack. I am a complete total mess.

“My name is Dr. West. Niall took quite a few shots to the head and abdomen causing him to blackout. He has been coughing up a lot of blood but has settled down enough to run some tests. He has some injured ribs and a sprained arm from where he fell and landed on it wrong but his head seems to be doing somewhat better. We need to keep him here for a couple of more days to make sure he’ll be okay. Visiting hours are now over but he specifically requested to speak to Miss Jade. He says it is important. You have 30 minutes to speak with him, follow me.” I nodded my head processing everything he had said. I gave Liam a hug before walking back with the doctor.

“We’ll be in the car, come out when you’re done.” I nodded my head and mouthed a ‘thank you’ to Louis before closing the doors.  I followed the doctor to the elevator and watched him tap the button to the third floor. I put my hands in my pocket and sighed. I am not looking forward to seeing Niall laying on a hospital bed with wires and machines hooked up to him. I waited as the elevator took its slow time to reach the floor and open the doors. I rushed out and followed the doctor to Niall’s room. We finally got to room 342 and the doctor slowly opened the door.

“Be careful and try not to talk loud, he still has a pretty bad migraine.” I nodded my head before walking in and closing the door behind me. Niall looked over and smiled shyly at me. I almost broke down at what I saw in front of me. I walked over and shook my head before grabbing a chair and pulling it next to the bed.