Chapter Five

Chapter 5

Jade’s POV

We both pull apart breathless, I stand there completely frozen. I can’t believe I just kissed Niall Horan. I promised myself I wouldn’t be involved with anyone. Did that kiss mean anything to him or was it all an act? A thousand questions haunt me but most of all what hurt the most was did I feel anything? I enjoyed the kiss yes, my stomach did summersaults, I savored every moment of it, and that scared me. But did that kiss mean more to me than I thought it did?

Niall interrupted my thoughts by asking if I would like to go back up to our blanket and towels and dry off. I said yes and walked up to grab my towel. So what now? Are we going to pretend absolutely nothing happened? I am so confused but also am not in the mood to talk about it at the moment.

I wrap my towel around me and sit down on the blanket that is still laid out. I go to pull out my phone out of my purse only to realize I left it in the car. I sigh and start looking at the beautiful water. It looks amazing out, it’s starting to get a little dark out and you can see the beautiful sun set. This has truly been a great day minus the confusing incident. Once again I am pulled out of my thoughts, “Ready to leave or want to finish watching the sun set?” Niall asked. “Let’s stay awhile longer.” I say smiling at him. He nods his head and moves a little bit closer.

We sat there on the beach watching the sun set and moon start to come out for about a half an hour before I started feeling tired. I let out a small yawn and Niall looked over at me. “Are you tired?”  He asked. “Yeah kind of.” I replied. “Are you ready to go now?” I nodded my head; we got up putting the rest of our clothes on and headed to the car.

Half of the car ride was pretty silent before I spoke up, “I had a great time, thanks for bringing me along.” I say turning to look at him. “I had a great time too love.” He said putting his hand on my knee. I flinched at the touch; I recently had a bruise from when I got jumped about three days before I left Cali. I was walking out of the school heading home when my stalker of an ex-boyfriend’s cousin and her four friends thought it would be a good idea to jump me. I got hit on the knee about eight times and almost fractured it. Niall noticed when I flinched and asked if I was okay. I replied with a simple yes and told him that his hand was kind of cold on my skin. He nodded his head in understandment and continued back home.

We arrived back at the flat, Niall got out and walked over and opened my door, I thank him and get out. “Would you like some help taking everything in?” I asked “Please?” he asked smiling at me cheekily. I let out a small laugh and grab the basket that our food was in and our towels while he grabbed his guitar and the blanket.

We walked inside and to see Louis and Zayn watching some movie that I’ve never seen before, and smelt food being made in the kitchen. I went to throw the towels in the wash and walked in the kitchen to see Harry making pasta. “Hey!” I said excitedly, scaring him a bit. “Hey, how was the beach?” He asked, I thought about telling him about the kiss but decided not, I mean Niall and I haven’t even talked about it and that worried me. Am I that bad of a kisser or did it seriously mean nothing and was just a mistake. After realizing I stood there completely lost in my own thoughts and didn’t answer his question I shook my head and replied “It was incredible, loved it.” I say smiling and walking to grab something to drink. “So, are you cooking for everyone or just yourself?” I ask sitting down at the little bar they had in their house. I heard a chuckle and them him say “everyone” I simply nodded and said “speaking of everyone where is Li at?” “He is staying at Danielle’s for the night” he replied. “Oh, better they get freaky at her house rather than here.” I smile and finish my drink before putting my cup in the sink. He starts laughing and turns the oven off. “I agree, haha, will you tell the boys that dinner is done?” I nod again and skip out of the kitchen.

“BOYS! DINNER IS DONE!!” I scream Louis and Zayn jump up off the couch and run to the kitchen while Niall runs down the stairs almost falling a few times. By the time he is finally down the stairs at laugh at him while he gives me a death glare and then follow him into the kitchen. We all sat down at the table and ate; everyone was talking about their day and practically made small talk. “So what’d you two do today?” Zayn asked raising his eyebrows. “Just chilled out at the beach, played some songs on my guitar and sang, then watched the sunset.” Niall answered then smiled and winked at me when no one was paying attention and of course I had to blush.

We all finished eating and put our plates in the sink. Tonight was my turn to do the dishes….oh what fun….not. I got the dish water ready and started washing when Niall came in, he helped by rinsing everything off, drying them and then putting them away. “Hey I need to talk to you in a few, when are you going to bed?” He asked once all of the dishes were done. “In about 45 minutes, I’m exhausted.” I replied. “Okay.” He said before walking out of the kitchen. I follow after him and tell the boys, who are all now laying down and relaxing in the living room, that I’m going up to take a shower and then bed. They all say goodnight and I head off to my bedroom. I grab a towel and some pajamas and hop into the shower. The beach water was pretty cold; it felt great get into a nice hot shower afterwards.

I got out and got dressed heading to my room, I will just let my hair air-dry. Once Niall realizes the water is turned off he walks into my room, not bothering to knock. I turn around after putting my phone on its charger and practically jumped when he was standing really close behind me. “Ever heard of knocking?” I asked playfully. “I could have been naked.” I say. “I wouldn’t mind.” He says winking at me then sitting at the end of my bed. I crawl into bed and lay down. “You needed to talk?” I asked. “Erm yeah…” He says crawling up and lying down next to me. “About that kiss…” He starts talking but then stops, like he can’t find the right words to say. “Yeah, what about it?” I ask confused and nervous at the same time. “I’m erm, I uh…” He continued once again not making a complete sentence. “Yes?” I asked again.  “I’m uh, I’m sorry.” He said a little disappointed. “Sorry? Why are you sorry?” I asked even more nervous. “You just went through a tough relationship not too long ago, and here I am kissing you as if nothing happened. I understand if you’re mad at me. I’m sorry, I really…” I shut him up by pulling him in for a kiss. Once we break the kiss I look at him and see shocked all over him. “If I was mad or even the slightest bit disappointed I would have pulled away Ni. But I just, I need to know one thing…” I said looking away now. “Yeah love?” he asked concerned. “What did it mean to you? Like why did you do it?” I asked and you could sense how nervous I was but how much my voice cracked when I asked.

AN

Thanks for Reading; I hope you enjoying the book so far (:

Please check out my Zayn fan fiction as well, it’s called All Because A Snowstorm.

Vote, Follow, and Comment <3>

Quote of the day;

-          just close your eyes and enjoy the roller coaster that is life

o   Zayn Malik

Love, Alyssa :D