Chapter 6

Abigail

It’s been a week or something now, and things had sort of gone bad. I mean, sure now my grade’s going up, and I’ve become a wee bit less feared by people all around me, and I’ve got Zack, but- buzz.

“Who texted?” Zack asked from beside me. I frowned, knowing exactly who texted me and what was the reply.

from: Brayden!

‘He’s still in college, sorry Abs, I’m here though ;)’

I sighed at Brayden’s text. It’s been quite like this for a while. Tristan avoiding me. “No one important” I can honestly say that maybe it is true. Tristan’s avoiding me, and for no apparent reason..I didn’t do anything bad to him...did I?

Imagine not having any friends at school because they feared you and then having a friend outside of school who you really like but then soon starts to avoid you. I have Brayden, sure, but it feels weird that now Tristan’s avoiding me, it became possible that soon, Brayden’s going to feel like I’m a burden too.

“It’s obviously something, want to talk about it?” He asked as we walked out of the school together. As we stepped outside, I caught the beautiful green eyes. Green meets Brown, and then a second later, he broke the stare and turned towards his other friends.

Things were going alright with me and Evan, but something’s definitely off now, we made out less, and when we did, it never last long or feels as passionate as before, he seems...upset with me. I guess he tried to hide it but it was visible for even me to see.

“No” I shook my head. “Let’s just get back to our science project, the sooner we finish the better right?” I asked, shrugging my shoulders and took a deep breath.

“Am I really that horrible to hang out with? Cause honestly, I’ve been liking hanging out with you” He smiled and stepped in front of me. “You don’t feel the same?”

“Not really” I grinned at him and then soon wiped the grin off and showed him my small rare genuine smile. “I guess you have been a good friend to me, and it’s been fun, but hell it’s only been a week, maybe you haven’t shown your true colors yet”

He frowned and nodded his head towards the other side of the school. “Wanna get something to eat first? I skipped lunch today”

I shrugged as we started walking towards the cafe at the other side of the building. “Yeah, I noticed, where were you?”

“I just got caught up with a friend of mine”

“Jasmine?” I suggested, a small smirk plastered on my face.

“She’s been avoiding me, it’s been awkward for us” He sighed. “I just don’t get the whole relationship deal, why can’t people be friends after they break up? Jasmine and I were good together and why can’t we still keep in touch after the whole break up?”

“I don’t even know Jasmine that well but I can guess that she really likes you, and possibly, it just hurts to see you, to talk to you and know that you’re not hers anymore, I guess she’s just trying to forget you, at least, she wants to move on first then maybe soon you two could do homework together again” I cheered.

“Wait, hold on” He stopped me. “EVAN” he called out. Fuck. I turned around and saw that Evan was walking away from his friends and he was alone, I bet you anything that Zack’s going to call Evan over.

What?” Evan shouted. Zack didn’t reply but waved his arms, as if motioning for him to come over. When Evan didn’t move, Zack groaned and shouted. “Come join us, we’re gonna get something to eat”