Chapter 5

Evan.

I’m a bit skeptical over the whole thing. Zachary and Abigail in the Science Fair? Abigail hardly care for the mandatory work, why the hell would she want to sign up to do extra work?

Why would- They’re obviously up to something- Which, I don’t get, how did Zachary even talk to her in the first place? Why the hell would Abigail even bother to talk- to socialize with someone, maybe...it’s not even- I don’t understand this at all. What are they up to?

I mean, maybe maybe, they could really be in the science fair like Abbie had said earlier, but...come on, how weird does that sound? And besides, did they really think they have a chance against all the mutant geniuses here (Abbie’s words, not mine).

Why did they even agree to work with each other? Zack’s pretty alright in all the Science department, and Abbie’s brilliant at Chemistry, she’s in advanced placement, and...was it possible that they’re actually telling the truth?

Okay, let’s not...think about it too much.

I shouldn’t care, now should I?

I groaned and made my way out of the school, almost bumping into Zachary’s dear cousin and of course, Abbie’s unfortunate roommate, Jolina. Her beautiful blue doe eyes looked at me warmly and she smiled her heart-breaking smile. “Hey Evan”

It was no doubt that she was probably one of the most beautiful angelic looking girls in the whole world, but, there’s just something about her that just, doesn’t get me all interested, you know? Probably don’t. “Hello Jolina, you meeting up with the rest of us at the cafe?” She was, I guess you could say was “in” our group. We were all friends with each other.

Well, at first it was because I was friends with Zack and then I had to made friends with his cousin, and also because one of my best friends, Gavin, was dating Jolina’s best friend, Marie, it was a whole huge...link?

“Yeah, I was actually just on my way back to the dormitory but then Marie called me” She frowned for a second and then turned to look at me. “Have you seen Zachary around?”

“Why?” Was today ‘ask Evan where Zach is’ day? Apparently everyone is looking for Zach and apparently I’m the best guy to ask. Well, yes, I am one of his best friend and I should have known where he is, but I don’t know, lately he’s been...distant, I guess a bit more secretive.

Wonder what’s up with that? Wonder if that new behavior was caused by none other than my dear Abigail?

“I don’t know” I frowned. “You should ask Jasmine, she’s the girlfriend, not me” I shrugged and shot her a small smile.

She laughed and shot me an amused look. “Are you sure? Because I’m pretty sure I had seen you do some pretty “naughty” things with my cousin” I chuckled and ruffled her perfect blonde hair.

“So now you’re spying on Zach and I? Naughty naughty Jolina” I winked and she shook her head but kept the smile on her face. “But on a serious note though, why are you looking for Zachary? Family emergencies? Homework help? Guitar help?” I shrugged.

“It’s a family matter- doesn’t have anything to do with our family actually, it’s more because...well, I guess you can say I’m worried about him, he’s been acting weird hasn’t he? And I just want to have a talk, a “family” talk with him? You can call it that, like a heart to heart between a sister and her brother”

“Yeah, you should really do that” I nod and crossed my arms. “He has been acting weird”

“And to top it all off, I have a feeling that he and Jasmine are going to break up, but I don’t know, it’s just girl instinct, how could anyone know anyway? They’re not exactly the ones who are okay with doing the lovey dovey stuff in front of people, but you know, we can’t really read into it too much”