Chapter 3

Abigail Andrews

It was about 10 in the morning when my stomach started grumbling and I glared at Brayden. He was back asleep and as much as I would love to disturb his sleep and force him to make me something, I decided not to.

He looked really peaceful asleep and besides, I could make some food myself- alright maybe not make more like go downstairs and buy some hotdogs. Contrary to what people might’ve think, I’m actually a decent cook, like, I could make some food without actually sending someone to the E.R. but to why I hated cooking, mostly it’s the gathering the ingredients, the waiting. I even frowned at the thought.

Maybe I should go back to school, if I go now then I’ll be in AP Chemistry and after that I could get some lunch at the cafe, it’s Pasta day. Gah, I’m turning into a nerd, going back to school, well technically not going back to school because of the lessons, for THE FOOD, HUZZAH. I silently jumped out of Brayden’s bed and walked out of his room.

Elvis jumped off the couch and ran towards me, licking my bare legs and jumped on me over and over. I sighed and leaned down to the small schnauzer. “Elvis, I can’t play now, I’m about to leave” He barked and licked my cheeks. “Seriously Elvis” I frowned and stood up straight. “Brayden’s a bad owner” I opened Brayden’s door and shooed Elvis in.

I smiled as Elvis jumped on Brayden’s bed, I sighed in content and closed the door. Sometimes I wish they weren’t in college and was in school with me, but lord knows I’m thankful enough to actually have them. It was kind of a funny story, how we met, with a lot of Twilight reference and a little bit sweet... It was sometime during my second month here? I can't remember the exact date.

I was depressed because everyone there was so...good and so, all the same. It was just frustrating to have no one, and back then I didn’t have Evan yet so imagine how hard things were.

Anyways, I was frustrated and so I snuck out of school, really didn’t have anything to do or anywhere to go. so I ran off to the nearest park...a little flashback would be necessary, don’t you think?

God a trip down memory lane, way to be cool Abbie. (sigh)

“Stupid boarding school,” I mumbled, kicking some pebbles around “stupid security, stupid Jolina, stupid Evan, stupid Angels, stupid-- BASICALLY Everything and everyone there is stupid. Not book stupid but street stupid, I don’t know, bottom line everyone “ I groaned in frustration, not even noticing that there was a very hot looking guy in front of me holding a white schnauzer by its blue leash.

“Funny, I thought Mirchoff’s a school for mutant geniuses, but you know, I could be wrong, the girl who was talking to herself might be more right” He chuckled, his light blue eyes stared at me up and down. “You’re from Mirchoff boarding school aren’t ya, kid?”

“Seriously dude, unless you’re like a billion years old don’t call me kid” I frowned, he might be smoking hot but I’m not putting up with his crap, basically I’m not putting up with anyone’s crap right now even if he is a freaking Adonis look-a-like.

“Uh, I’ll let you in on a little secret...” He grinned, and leaned down to my face. “I am, not necessarily a billion years old but more like a thousand years old, the name is Tristan Cullen” He winked.

“Nice to meet you Tristan Cullen” I mumbled, not even realizing that he was actually using a Twilight reference. “OH WAIT, You were trying to be one of the sparkly vampires from Twilight, weren’t you?”

“I’m not trying to be, I am one of the Cullens, I’m like a thousand years old, and I’m going to drink thy blood” He winked.