Text Message

Kai's POV

"HIDE" Krystal said as she pushed me in to her closet quickly.

My moms here. Oh how I would give anything to see her right now. I miss my friends, family and life. Sitting in the house day in and day out has been killing me.

I wish I could come out and say I'm back. But I know I can't. I wouldn't want to put my omma through anymore pain.

"Oh crap. I forgot my phone" I said as I looked through the cracks in the door. And saw it laying on the bed.

I could walk out and get it right? I mean it's not like someones walking in here anytime soon anyway.

I gently slide the closet door open. While scoping the room and listening for any footsteps. When I heard nothing.

So I then walked over to the bed and retrieved my phone. But when I saw that I had and notification. It distracted me from walking back into the closet.

"What is this?" I asked myself before unlocking my phone.

It was a message from an unknown number. And it read:

Glad to see you up and moving. Looks like your wish came true.

"Who is this?" I asked while trying to think. Did Krystal tell someone else about me?

"Uncle Jongin?"

I look up from my phone quickly. Only to see my nephew standing in the door way. With his mouth hanging open.

I instantly started to panic. How didn't I hear his little footsteps?

"Sungmin.." I said and he smiled widley.

I walked over to him and pulled him into the room. Before closing the door behind us.

"I knew you weren't dead. You were still playing hide and seek" He said before I turned around to look at him.

"Why did you walk up here by yourself. The stairs are dangerous" I said with my protective instincts kicking in.

"Grandma said I'm a big boy now. I can walk by myself" Sungmin said.

Of course. My omma did the same to me as a kid. I thought I was a man at the age of 6. All thanks to my omma.

"I should tell grandma your here!" Sungmin said gasping in excitement. Before he ran towards the door.

But I stopped him just before he reached for the doorknob. I then bended down until I was at his height.

"Sungmin you have to promise me that you won't tell grandma that I'm here. Or anywhere for that matter araso?" I said and he tilted his head in confusion.

"Wae? Grandma is really sad. But if she knows your here. She'll be happy again" Sungmin said before dropping his head.

Who would've ever thought that coming back to life somehow would be a bad thing. I can't do anything I used to. And even in my records ,I'm still written as deceased. Not to mention that I hear all about how my family's grieving.

With them not even knowing that Im sitting upstairs perfectly fine.

I sighed before I rubbed Sungmin's head.

"Grandma's only sad for a little while. But she'll be better soon okay." I said while Sungmin hummed in agreement.

And in the short silence we had. I came up with the perfect idea.

"Hey do you want to finish the game of hide and seek?" I asked. And Sungmin's face lit up as he nodded his head.

"Okay I'll go hide. And you go downstairs. You can come back and find me another time. I'll still be hiding" I said.