Stalling

Krystal's POV

"I can't feel my arms" I mumble as I dump another pile of dirt over my shoulder.

Amber and I have been out here digging this grave for hours. The sun was no where in sight and the moon was shinning bright.

I look back into the hole Amber and I were digging. And it looks like we are getting nowhere. Something in me was telling me none of this was worth it. And I should've listened.

"Keep digging Krystal. We're almost there. I can feel it" Amber said panting.

I then stood up straight and wiped the beeds if sweat from my for head. Before sighing deeply.

Amber noticed my stopping. And stood up right. While giving me her full attention. But I ignored her. I felt like my arms were going to fall off.

"Krystal you can take a break. I'll keep digging" Amber said before she stuck the shovel back in the ditch to pick up more dirt.

"Why are you so calm about this? Am I the only one freaking out?" I asked while dropping my shovel.

Amber paused and looked at me.

"What to you mean? If anyone was freaked out. I would have to say Jackson and I took the cake for that one" Amber said confused.

"Well I beg to differ. I'm the one who passed out"

"Oh whatever. The old lady across the street was about to call the cops because she thought Jackson was on drugs with the way he was screaming" Amber said and I rolled my eyes.

"This isn't a competition to see who's more freaked out okay. I can't do this" I said throwing my hands in the air.

"Krystal are you being serious right now?"

"Yes I am Amber. It was a bad idea in the first place " I said. And her frowning deepend.

"We've been digging for God knows how long. Just for you to give up!" Amber exclaimed.

"What am I going to do once I find out huh!? If Kai's bodies in there, then who's in my house? And if it's not in there, how is he back in my house? Either way in screwed okay!" I yelled emotionally frustrated.

"You didn't think about any of this before we started digging?" Amber asked.

"Of course I did. But I didn't care" I confessed.

"Then what changed?"

"I don't know........I'm... I'm still grieving. And to see him back made me have crazy thoughts" I said. And Amber dropped her shovel as she walked over to me with a sympathetic face.

"Look. Krystal I'm here for you. I wouldn't be doing any of this if I wasn't. And in my opinion, I think we need to do this. Not only for my sake. But for your's also" Amber said putting her hand on my shoulder.

And I gave her an unsure look. Did I really want to know?

"Its now or never" Amber added and I took a deep breath.

"Okay. We can finish" I said. And Amber smiled.

"That's my girl" she said and I smiled.

We then walked back to our shovels. And picked them up to proceed the digging.

"Amber?"

"Ne?"

"I wonder what Jackson's doing" I said. And Amber chuckled.

"Knowing him. He's probably keeping them occupied with a sad story"

Jackson's POV

"And when I woke up the next day. My lovley husband.....Sungmin was gone" I said before 'crying' on one of the guards arms.

I was distracting them with one of the saddest stories I could come up with. And so far, it was working.

I told them that I was married for.. ten years. And my husband.... what did i say his name was? Sungmin? Yeah Sungmin left me for another girl.

Then when I told my dog Jihyun what happened. He committed suicide by running into ongoing traffic. And that's why I'm here.

I know what your thinking.... I didnt ask to be a genius. Its just a gift.

"I thought you said your husbands name was Sungjoe" said one of the guards. And I widened my eyes.

"Uh..it's been so long. Im having trouble remembering" I said as I pulled my white sweater over my gown tighter.

This disguise was uncomfortable. I'm itching under this wig. And these halmoni slippers were to small for my feet. Thanks a lot grandma. I thought we we're the same size.

"Well I'm sorry for your loss. I hope your dog Jihyung-"

"Jihyun" I corrected.

"Jihyun..is in a better place" Said the guard standing in front of me.

"Why thank you. I hope so to" I said in my old lady voice.

"Is there anything else we can get for you Miss Wang?" Asked the guard. Who's arm I was just laying on.

"I'm fine " I said.

And with that. Each of the guards bowed to me. Before walking away.

I felt my phone buzz in my sweater. And I pulled it out to see I had a message from Amber.

'Stall a little longer. We're almost done'

I panicked. Their walking away, what do I do? So i just decided to do the first thing that came to mind.

"Oh No! My knee!" I yelled before falling onto the ground.

"Oh my God! Miss Wang!" Yelled one of the guards. As they both ran over to me.

Krystal and Amber owe me one

Krystal's POV

"We've hit something" I said before banging my shovel again. Hearing it hit something solid.

"Great. Now all we have to do is...uh oh. Their coming" Amber said looking past me.

"What" I said before turning around and seeing the guards walking towards us in the distance.

"Oh no. What are we going to do?" I asked before tuning back to face Amber. And she was already texting away.

"I'm telling Jackson to stall" Amber said.

"How us he going to do th-"

"Oh No! My Knee!"

Amber and I looked through the trees. To see Jackson laying on the ground. While the guards are running towards him.

"Whew that was close" I said.

"We have to hurry. We don't have time to waste." Amber said before she jumped into the ditch. And tried to crack open the casket with a hammer.

I looked any and everywhere else. Other than in the hole. I'm scared to find out the truth. I know I said I would finish the job. But I'm not ready.

I heard the casket creak open. But yet, my attention was elsewhere.

"Krystal look"Amber cooed.

"Is it bad?" I asked.

"I don't know?" She said. And i frowned.

"What?"

I said confused before turning to look. And my eyes widened.

What the?.......

*****************

Hi guys! Who or what do you think is in the casket hmmm? Let me know your predictions.

Sincerely JadaAutumn :)