Chapter 40 *Jack*

Chapter 40

*Jack’s POV*

“Just a second,” I pulled myself off the couch as I excused myself. Niall nodded as I sprinted to the phone in my bedroom.

“Hello?” I asked into the speaker on the phone. “Hey, it’s Alfie. I wanted to apologize for being stupid. I was wrong and I already made up with Liam. Now I just need to make amends with you. So…” I was silent on my end of the phone, just to push her buttons.

“Jack?” her voice was a whisper. “OF COURSE I FORGIVE YOU!” I shouted happily into the phone. She breathed out a relieved sigh. I giggled into my side of the phone. “So we’re good?” she asked again. “Yes,” I confirmed. I could see her smiling ear to ear on the other side. I heard her shout something to someone in the other room—Liam, I’m guessing—and then excuse herself to leave. “I’ve gotta go. Liam’s taking me out for dinner.”

Alison hung up and I walked back to Niall.

I sat back down next to Niall. He wrapped his arm around my waist and put his head in the crook of my neck. I loved how cuddly of a couple we were. Everyone was amazed. Niall and I constantly had to be touching, whether it was sitting practically on each other’s lap or holding hands, we were always touching, cuddling.

“Niall,” he hummed in response. “Can I tell you something?” my voice was small because this was something I was nervous about. My leg was shaking and I was clicking my tongue.

“I did something I shouldn’t have done, but it was before we started touring with you guys.” He raised an eyebrow at me. “I applied for a prestigious music school in America and I find out whether I get in or not next month.” I said in one breath.

He looked shocked by what I had said, and then he chuckled slightly. “Calm down! If they accept you, you can either turn it down or you can go. Nobody will be mad by what you choose,” he was still chuckling.

My hand cupped his cheek since we were eye-to-eye now. “I don’t wanna leave you. Or the guys, or Alison.” My eyes searched his sea green ones and they were sort of melancholy: happy with a few flecks of gold sadness.

Niall’s lips met mine and in an instance it was a make-out session. It wasn’t aggressive though, it was gentle and he was easy with me, as if I was fragile and could break.

We pulled away, but our foreheads still touched. “Don’t worry princess, everything will be fine.  We will support you no matter what.” His thumb caressed my cheek gently. I pecked his lips one more time and grinned like a fool.

This has almost become a tradition: movie nights and crap tons of pizza. We just eat and eat and watch movie after movie after movie and have the greatest time ever. Niall makes it so special, kissing me all the time and whispering in my ear.

When I think back to what the last year has been, I realize everything had changed completely. I mean, I’m part of the opening act for One Freaking Direction with my best friend. A year ago I was sitting in my bedroom doing homework or sat on Tumblr or fangirling over the biggest boy band in the world and now I am touring with them and dating 1/5 of the band. How? I haven’t the slightest clue.

But I do owe some thanks to Niall for bringing Simon to our talent contest audition and to Simon for signing us two nincompoops.

Everybody and everything has been great and most people are supportive—which is fantastic—so even when I feel like complaining, I can’t because everything is perfect. Everything is how I’ve wanted it to be my whole life: perfect.

I have the perfect boyfriend, the perfect best friend, the perfect life. I know it sounds like I’m bragging but it’s true and this is what I have. I only have the right to be humble.

My ultimate gift for my whole life has been friendship, and—after 19 long years—I have the best friendship with the guys and Alfie that anyone could ever ask for. My ultimate gift was them.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\The Ultimate Gift!/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Hellooo everybody! Sydney and Cari bringing you (cue dramatic sad music) THE END.

The ending author's note will hopefully be published soon, if not, there won't be one because we are too lazy to write one.

On the side for the last time in this story is Heartbreak Girl by 5Sos, and Luke Hemmings and Ashton Irwin are perf. Who are we kidding, they're all perf.

Over and out potato,

Cari :{D and Sydney♪♫