Chapter 39 *Alfie*

Chapter 39

*Alfie’s POV*

Maybe Jack was right.

I said maybe.

I picked up my mobile and dialed Liam’s number. I was just about to hang up when I heard him pick up on the 4th tone.

“Al?” he asked. I heard sniffles on the other end of the line. I nodded before remembering he couldn’t see me. “Yeah, it’s me. We need to talk. Are you home?”

“No, I’m in an airport.” The sarcasm was obvious in his voice. “I’ll be there in 5.” I grabbed a bag with my phone, keys, and wallet in it and walked out the door.

When I arrived, I saw Liam sitting on the nice leather couch with the telly on. “Liam,” I said. He jumped, obviously a little startled.

“What do you want to talk about Alison?” I walked over to the couch and sat on the arm, not wanting to make Liam mad or uncomfortable.

“I’m sorry. I was a jerk. I was stupid, I was wrong, I was idiotic, I was blind. I didn’t mean any of it. I’m so sorry.” He looked at me. I then noticed the bags under his eyes, and his eyes were also bloodshot from crying and no sleep. His cheeks were tear-streaked and pale.

I couldn’t believe what I had done to him. I made him a monster.

I put my hand on top of his, but he pulled away as if he couldn’t stand my touch. “Liam, I-‘’ I was cut off as he smashed his lips into mine. I didn’t react immediately, still surprised by what he had done. But I quickly recovered and began running my small hands through his hair.

“You never cease to surprise me,” I admitted, his cheeks flushed a rosy colour that was absolutely adorable. I continued to play with the hair at his nape, not quite ready to pull back yet.

“Does this mean you will stay the night with me? We are leaving tomorrow and we haven’t really spent any time together this break.” I nodded.

So we drove back to the flat, me gathering my things. Jack wasn’t there, so she was probably staying with Niall since it was their last night in privacy. They didn’t do anything, they just sat and watched movies and cuddled, because that is just how Niall and Jack are.

When we came back, I got a text message from Jack.

From: Jack

Saw ur stuff waz gone, hope u made things rite with Liam xx

Liam looked at the text. “You realize you’re contact name for Jacklyn is different every time you text her, right?” Liam pointed to her name. “I change it frequently.” I laughed as Liam put his arm around my waist and guided me to the couch.

“Mum just texted me. She wants to know if you would like to join us for family breakfast tomorrow. All my sisters will be there, so will my mum and dad and my grandparents,” he offered. “I would love to, if that’s ok with you.” He nodded vigorously and I giggled, excepting the fact that I giggle now. I will never forgive Jack for rubbing her giggles off on me though.

Liam took a picture of us and posted it on twitter. After that we tweeted nonsense tweets, ignoring the hate and reading the good tweets. We even did a follow spree, following people for 10 minutes straight. Liam loves doing follow sprees. He follows the most people out of all the boys.

“You are incredible, you know that? I don’t know why I was so mean to you like that. I’ve never felt this way before and I don’t want to lose you,” I admitted. He kissed my nose then looked me in the eye. “You are incredible.” He put his lips on mine and this kiss wasn’t so gentle, he kissed me hungrily as though he couldn’t get enough. And I kissed back with the same hunger and same fire in my soul. I gave him everything I have.

So the rest is history, as they say. We watched movies and kissed—a lot—and sang like idiots to annoy the neighbors. I also introduced him to some new YouTubers and showed him some more about myself, like my softball pitches that were perfected when I lived in America with my dad and Jack’s mum.

I also told him that Jack’s mum was having twins, and that I would like him to come to America with Jack and me to meet the little babies when they are born in 5 months. He gladly accepted and we cuddled together on the couch.

It’s crazy how right this felt, laying with Liam, in his arms, and watching a movie. The feel of his lips on mine and their taste made me want more and more, and there would be more as long as we were together.

Liam and I have been together 5 months (with a week’s break) and I don’t regret a minute of it. The opportunity that Niall showed us to perform at that talent show was one I was glad we didn’t pass up. Being the opening act for One Direction has changed me, for the better, I think. I feel like I can be my own person, like I don’t have to lean on someone for support. Liam has helped me be independent, yet dependent at the same time. Liam has shown me new light, and I will never forget that.

I don’t know if I love Liam, but I do know I’m happy with him right now. I’m happy to be right here, next to him, protected.

Another thing I know is that I’m changed, I’m different, and I’m new. Everybody needs a life changing experience, and those tickets to the One Direction concert, were the ultimate gift to start a new life.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\The Ultimate Gift!/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Hellooo everybody! Sydney and Cari here, bringing you the last you will here from Alfie until the sequel *sobs violently*

And we changed our minds, there will be no epilogue, just and ending author's note and a little bit about the sequel.

So, how about 5 votes for the last chapter? We think you can do it!

Being sad,

Cari :{D and Sydney♪♫

PS more 5Sos on the side, just because they are perf. This is Sydney's favorite song from them :)