-28- Comfortable presence

Carlos Mansion in the MM.

1 week later

Jada

I decided to go back to the warehouse. Carlos got himself his car and licence back. He said he didn't mind riding passenger but he missed the driving feeling.

He said his first day at work was today and he left earlier. The only way he could get his bank account unfroze was to be employed. I put on my jeans left my hair down and decided against make up today.

I grabbed my things i needed such as manila folders and company cards. I headed to work seeing an unfamiliar car. After parking in my normal spot i went and signed in. I went my normal routine here and stepped in the meeting room. I seen Carlos sitting next to my seat. I scrunched my face in confusion before looking at a full mean mugging Chase. I looked at Adonis and tay they were looking at bike photos. "Welcome back Jada." Tay said. I smiled before walking over to my seat. I sat down right when Adonis got started. "Before we split up into our own offices, I gave everyone a week off and got to know Carlos, he's new and he'll be working with the Dboys but he'll get the overseas bikes and paint those. " Adonis said. As he continued I whispered to carlos. "So you're doing illegal work again." I say. "You're just as illegal miss lawyer, don't you make the transactions and call companies to be set up to do business with Adonis." He whispers back licking his pink plump lips before smirking and looking back with his hands together making a triangle at his lips.

I crossed my legs. He turned me on just from his tone. "So jada with that being said, im laying you off."

"What??" I say

"You're fired sis, you got to much to handle and you call out a lot so now the position you hold can be here whenever but you can't work " Adonis said.

I looked at him before getting up and going to my office. "Everyone dismissed." I heard him say.

I noticed my office was already being changed. "Sooo." I turned to see Carlos closing my door well my old door. "Umm i'm sorry." He said putting his hands in his pocket. "Don't be, I've had a journey here, do you know who the new assistant manager is?" I ask turning around with my arms crossed. He looked at the empty boxes i had to use to pack before speaking. "Umm As far as I know, I'm moving in here and some other nigga, he said girls aren't cut out, i did see ya boy in there te nigga who took my family." Carlos chuckled harshly before walking around my desk he looked at a picture frame of me and Adonis when we were kids. "How you been feeling since then?" I ask grabbing the boxes starting on my decorations. "Leave those i like those." He says looking at my black and white marble silver astonishments. Little statues and things. "Umm ok even though their mine." I giggle going to my bookcase. "I just want my daughter back- Carlos look." I say aggravated. "That's not your daughter anymore, let it go please, as crazy as it is, she's not." I stress putting my books away. He sits in what used to be my chair. My files were already emptied. "You would never understand." He says."i'm sorry I won't." I say.

After getting a few things he helped me carry my boxes out. "Umm Jada I just thought you should know, im leaving today." Carlos said taking by surprise.

"Wow well it was nice having you stay with me ." I say nodding.

"How about you should, spend the night with me for my first night in my new home." He said.

"Mm i don't know if that's a goo- please,you've done so much for me." He pleaded making me look at him in confusion.

What in the world.

"Girl you better go with him." The security said from the door. "Sure, but just one night." I say. He smiles showing his white teeth.

"So you want me to drive there or - Definitely." He said. "Sorry bout your job again." He says closing my trunk. "It's okay, being a full time lawyer is already enough stress." I say opening my door. "Oh i know." He says