Chapter 23

Being a reindeer is ok.

Bullying and excluding another reindeer because he has a shiny red nose is not ok.

190 votes and 50 comments for the next chapter.

August

I smiled and rubbed a hand through Lon's hair. My baby- correction, babies are back in my arms.

Right now, we were in the hospital. They cleaned up the babies properly and still have my son on an oxygen tank, which kinda worries me, apparently one of his lungs, is having a hard time functioning but it's not severe, but it'll be fully functioning by time Londyn's released.

After getting bored of listening to the repetitive sounds of the heart monitor, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the time. 12:02.

Grinning, I bent down and kissed Londyn's forehead. "Merry Christmas, baybeh."

She stirred and opened her eyes slightly. "A-August...?" I nodded and she jumped up quick, causing the monitor to go wild.

"Baybeh, calm down!" I grabbed her shoulders and she tried to pull away.

"My babies! They have my babies!" She cried into my shoulder. I rubbed her head and she looked up at me with sad eyes. "Why are you so calm?!" She shouted and hit my chest. "OH, I know! You think they're not yours! Selfish mother-"

"Baybeh, I made sure they didn't get them. So stop allat." I pulled her so she could look at me.

"T-They're ok?" She whispered.

I nodded and she started crying again.

"My babies are ok..." I rubbed her shoulders until she calmed down, and by then a nurse was in the room. I laid her down and the nurse started talking.

"Are you in pain anywhere?" she asked. Lon pointed to her lower stomach and the nurse nodded. "How does it hurt?" she asked.

"It stings."

"Ok, well, right now we have you on anti-bacterial medication, because whoever delivered your babies, left the placenta inside and the placenta started to dissipate, which caused a reaction from the uterus."

"It'll stop right?" Londyn asked.

"Of course. As long as you make sure to keep taking the medication, your uterus will stay intact, guaranteeing you'll be able to have more kids."

Londyn nodded and I grabbed her hand. "You ok, love?"

"I wanna see my babies." She said. The lady nodded and made a call on her walkie talkie. A few minutes later, an incubator was rolled in and parked beside the bed. The nurse handed Lon a baby girl.

"She's so beautiful..." Londyn gently bounced her up against her chest and I stared down at my daughter. She looked just like her momma.

"See, she got your big head August." I chuckled at Londyn and started to think. 'Where's my son?'

Londyn must've read my mind because her smile was suddenly gone and she stared hard at the nurse. "Where's my baby boy?"

The nurse's smile faltered and she scratched her head. "We can't move the oxygen tank along with his incubator, but after you name your daughter, I can take you to see him."

The nurse held up a notepad and shook it.

"Her name is Leilani Ava Alsina." I said and Leilani yawned.

"Beautiful..." Whispered the nurse. She checked the spelling and went out to get a wheelchair.

Minutes later, she came back with one and helped Lon in. I took my turn holding Lani while we walked to the baby ward.