thirteen - olivia pov

"so, you do like him?" brittany asked me for the seventh time.

"i don't know. i don't understand how i could, you know? we've only talked a little bit, but something hurt my heart when he said he wrote a song for a girl." i replied, running my hands through my hair and sighing.

"just talk to him, girl." she said, me just shaking my head.

"no, i can't let myself like him. if he doesn't want me, it's whatever. it was supposed to be some harmless flirting anyway." i said, causing her to roll her eyes.

"olivia! it's not harmless flirting anymore, you need to just tell him how you feel. you can't bottle everything up." she said, tossing me my phone.

"if you don't tell him, i will. that's not me being mean, that's me helping you." she said, standing up from the couch to go to bed.

"thank you brit." i said, as i made my way to my room as well.

"that's what i'm here for, goodnight liv." she replied, shutting her door, as i went in to my room, and plopped on the bed.

clearly he isn't interested. he would've continued to dm me if he was, right?

i didn't know it was possible to catch feelings this fast, but something about him made it possible.

unlocking my phone, i opened the twitter app and composed a message to justin.

@olivialove; listen, justin, we need to talk. dm me when you can.

and with that, i plugged my phone in to the charger, and snuggled up in bed, until i fell in to a cozy, warm, sleep.