Chapter 23

~And I was back to where I had started...~ 

        Larry turned and slammed the door leaving me with this scared boy. 

        “Why does he do this to us?”  The boy questioned slowly rising from the corner.  

        “I don’t know, but I am going to get us out of here somehow,”  I announced bravely to him, mostly trying to comfort him.

        “You are the girl who has escaped before, right?”  He questioned looking me into the eyes.  

        “Yes I am,” I responded, “Has he talked about me?” 

        “Sometimes,” The shy boy admitted.

        “Well, my name for starters is Delilah,” I said holding out a hand.

        The boy seemed to freeze up on the spot.

        “Dad says my name is Liam,” He said taking my hand to shake it.

        I frowned.

        “Don’t call him Dad, he is not our dad,”  I said sternly to him.  He flenched.  Delilah, stupid, this boy was me a year ago, I would be scared to.

        I gently smiled.

        “Sorry, but yeah, that’s my friends name,” I told him. He just nodded at me. 

        “Ok, well first things first, we need to look around the entire house first,” I said to him and kicked the locked door wide open.  Thank you Zayn for that. 

        I glanced back to see if Liam was following and he was shocked.  I laughed lightly and gently took his hand glancing up to see if it was ok with him.  He nodded.  I went into the first room and found it the same as I had remembered it as last.  I shuddered remembering all the memories I had from this wretched place.  We slowly made our way to the second room which I had never been into.  It had photos of people I had never seen before.  As I looked closer I noticed that all of them consisted of a mom, two kids, and as I took a second, Larry, who must have been the dad.  

        Larry?  A dad?  Well, I feel bad for those kids.  I saw a laptop placed on the center of a desk and I went over and looked at the screen.  It had a video popped up, so I hit play.  Everything I saw continued to shock me, it was the family again.  I saw the little boy and girl on the swings. 

----

“Dad, push me higher!”  The little girl whined in a tingling voice.  

The man, Larry, laughed in an actually comforting tone.