For imwithaboyband

It was about 10PM and Ella was having a crying fit. Nathan was supposed to be off or on manternity leave as I call it (not that he was very happy about that or the fact that the boys adopted that term and say it too but oh well it's funny for me!) but it turns out it was only a break from touring not recording so he had to go on which left me alone with my baby girl for the first time. Before he left he said

"Don't worry. I know it's your first time alone with Ella but you'll be fine. You're an amazing Mum, I'm really proud of you." He kissed my head and then he left. I wish I had as much faith in me as he did. 

"Come on baby, stop crying for me please." About half and hour later she finally did so I placed her back into her cot and collapsed on the bed with a splitting headache. And then she started crying again but I didn't go. I shoved a pillow over my ears and as much as hearing my own child crying breaks my heart, it felt like I hadn't slept in about a decade. Then suddenly she stopped crying. Thank god. The next minute Nathan walked back in.

 "You did good hun." He said as he laid down next to me and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer.

"No I didn't. I'm a horrible horrible Mum." I said into my pillow. Nathan lifted my chin and tilted it so what I was saying was comprehendable and wiped away a tear I hadn't realised was there. 

"You are not. You are a brilliant Mum. A fantastic Mum."

He said, wrapping both of his arms around me."No I'm not. I can't even be bothered looking after my own baby." I admitted while becoming a bit teary, he looked shocked for a second but his reaction slid off of his face quickly.

"That's because you've hardly slept since Ella was born. Now you have a little nap and I'll call the boys over and they can look after Ella while we go out." 

"I don't want to leave her..." He pulled me in for a kiss, deep and passionate before I pulled back. I opened my mouth to say something like 'I don't trust the boys not to corrupt her' or something convincing like that but he placed a finger over my lips to silence me.

"No excuses. You need a break. Plus the boys have been slacking on their babysitting duties." He said, walking out of the room with his phone held to his ear. I quickly drifted off and the next thing I know was Nathan shaking my shoulder lightly.

"Hey Sammie. The boys are here so let's go!" 

"Where?" I mumbled sleepily.

"Out." He said simply before taking my hand and pulling me out of bed. 

"Oooh mysterious." I remarked before picking up Ella and carrying her sleeping self down to the boys and to Siva since he's probably the most sensible overall and the least likely to drop her or feed her beer. Nathan placed his arm around my shoulders and I wrapped my arm around his as we walked out the door.

"Nath?" I asked, he turned immediately to see what it was that I wanted. 

"Can we take Ella with us?" He gave me a pleading look but then nodded. I ran back inside eagerly, apologised to the boys, offered them an 'I'm sorry' beer, took Ella and went back outside.

"Thank you! See, now it's a family outing!" I cheered as we got into the car. 

"I love you Sammie." Nathan said.

"I love you Nathan." I said.

"And I love you baby Ella!"

"I love you baby girl!" I said in a baby voice.