For GeorgeShelleyWife

I was sat on the couch watching a Friends marathon and eating ice cream to console me when I heard a knock at the door so I went over, unlocked it and opened it. Outside it was the one person I definitely did not want to see so I slammed the door and locked it again loudly.

"Natalie please let me come inside! I need to explain! I know how it must have seemed but I didn't mean it like that!" He shouted while banging his fists against the door.

"What part of 'I don't want to speak to you ever again, you dick' didn't you understand? Or was it another one of our miscommunications?" I yelled back.

"Natalie please! I was stupid and I was wrong. You know how much you mean to me!" He pleaded. At the moment, no I didn't know at all, I was confused and hurt but I wasn't going to show any vulnerability.

"Do I?" I asked bitterly.

"Don't be like that." His voice cracked slightly and my heart dropped, part of me was screaming to forgive him and the other begging me to open the door and slap him.

"Tom just go. You've said your piece and I don't trust you anymore so I don't see how this can work." I said sternly.

"But you don't understand!" I sat down cross-legged in front of the door and rested my head against it. 

"Well make me understand then!" I snapped. There was a moments silence which showed how much he didn't expect me to say that.

"Let me in then."

"You're going to speak from out there because I think I might lose it if I have to look at you." I spat.

"Nat... I just wasn't ready." Tom sighed.

"You made me look like an idiot! You told the boys you didn't even know my name, 'just some girl you picked up in a club'. I thought we were serious!"

"We are! I just... I don't know. I was stupid and I didn't want the boys skitting me. I don't know why I said it. I-I'll fix it. You mean the world to me, you have to know that."

"Ha! Well unless somehow you manage to fix it, I don't want to see you again. Bye." I hit the door to make him leave then marched away.

I moped around my apartment for a few hours wondering whether I'd been too harsh and whether I could get used to not having Tom in my life anymore. I didn't cry or anything because it's not really what I do but I imagine if I was the type to cry I would have. Basically, I went on the tour bus with Tom and we were just sitting, chatting and occasionally, kissing and the boys walked in and Tom just said that I was a random girl. I got up and left quickly but Tom didn't follow me until later on and well, I've already told you what happened then. On one hand, he did sound genuinely regretful and sad but then he's obviously embarrassed by me so I don't see why I should forgive him... But I can't not forgive him... Ugh. 

I decided to crawl into bed because it was late and I was exhausted. About half of an hour of peaceful sleeping I was woken up by loud bangs on my window. My initial thoughts were along the lines of 'oh crap I'm getting robbed' and 'ugh I'm trying to sleep'. Reluctantly, I threw off my covers and located the source of the noise. I pulled back my curtains and looked down onto the street and there stood Tom with a few rocks in his hand and preparing to throw them.

"NATALIE! I TOLD THE BOYS ABOUT US! I'M REALLY SORRY I WAS BEING STUPID!" He yelled so that I could hear him. In his hands he had an elaborate bouquet and a box of chocolates.

"No you're being stupid now, you're going to wake the entire building up! I'll let you in just stop shouting!" I hissed loudly. I could see him smile and then he ran into the building. I sat down for a second and mentally prepared myself... I'm supposed to be mad at him still. I heard a knock so I jumped up and unlocked the door. Before I could even open it myself, Tom opened it and pressed me against the wall. 

"I love you Nat." He whispered before kissing me softly.

"Am I forgiven?" He asked cheekily. I raised my hand up and slapped him across the cheek as forcefully as I could.

"Agh..." He gasped, bringing his hand up to his cheek and touching it tentatively.

"Now you're forgiven. I needed that. Now let's get you some ice." I said, smiling and grabbed his arm and pulling him over to the freezer.

"You're so weird." He laughed as I held a frozen steak pie to his cheek that had gotten quite red, I was kind of impressed with myself.

"Yeah but you love it!" I laughed.

"I'm craving pies for some reason, can we have it for tea?" He asked, winking and pulling a funny face.

"Of course," He cheered, overexaggerately fist pumping the air, "Only if you cook."

"Aww but-" He pouted. I leaned forward and kissed him to shut him up

"Okay I'll cook." He said quickly.