HMFF17-Meeting Her Father

Start from the beginning

I took off for Danielle's Christmas break, so I could be home with Danielle and help out with Hudson. One thing I was dreading was the holidays. Of course we spent time with my parents and family, but now I was also having to meet Danielle's father and brother. I just didn't feel that it was going to go over very well. I mean if a man came home with my daughter for the holidays, and he'd knocked her up before marrying her, didn't even ask for my permission to marry her, and heck marrying her before even meeting me, I be pissed too.

"What are you worried about?" Danielle asked snuggling with me on the couch.

We had been watching some Disney movie, but my attention had ran away with my thoughts.

"Oh I'm just thinking about how much you're Dad really must want to kill me," I replied. I was sweating just thinking about it.

"Dawson Daddy will love you, because you're wonderful to me and I love you," she replied playing with my hand. "Plus his bark is worse than his bite. He just looks tough. The navy does that to you."

"You're Dad's a former navy seal?" I coughed. I really needed to learn as much as I could about her family, and fast. "What else do I need to know?"

"That my brother is a Navy Seal? He was married, but now he's divorced and a single father to triplets," she stated. "Um, he's very protective, and my ex fiancé is his best mate and still spends time with my family." I tensed at the last part.

Did she really just say ex fiancé? She was engaged before what the hell. I just realized there was a lot about Danielle that I didn't know. It sorta made me feel like a jerk.

"You have an overly clingy ex fiancé?" I asked paranoid.

"No he's just really close to my brother and my dad," she stated meekly. "You have nothing to worry about I promise."

"Who all knows about your pregnancy and our marriage in your family?" I asked. I was scared to death of her answer.

"Um..Abby," she replied not even looking at me.

"Danielle Conn, you didn't even tell your father about your marriage, or pregnancy?" I asked stunned. This was her plan along to get me killed when I met her dad.

"He's always so busy, and I don't really get to talk to him, so I just thought we'd surprise him when we went to visit him after Christmas," she stated smiling.

"Yeah and he'll surprise me, with a bullet through my chest, or worse he'll cut something of mine off! And Then we'll never have anymore children!" I shouted. Did she even realize how crazy she sounded. Well I knew for sure this week would be the week of my death.

"Dawson you're overreacting, and you're beginning to sound like your mother," Danielle laughed.

She thought this was funny? Well she didn't have to face, a former navy seal dad, over protective navy seal brother, and an super clingy navy seal ex fiancé. My day couldn't get any worse.

"I'm not acting like my mother!" I shouted. "Dani, I just want your dad to like me."

"And he will so stop worrying about it," she stated kissing me. "But I do need to know are you all packed, and did you get the tickets?"

"Packed for what?" I asked.

"For our flight down there Wednesday," she stated.

"Where does your father live?" I asked looking down at her confused.

"Daddy lives in Houston," she sighed closing her eyes and napping in my arms.

"Houston, Texas?" I asked.