EXO: Chanyeol

thrustinmehoshi

Her head rested on his shoulder and he smiled as her soft snores filled his ears. His heart fluttered when she cuddled up closer to him. Her touch made his skin tingle. Her smile made him smile. He placed a large hand over his heart. He felt how it pounded harder than normal especially when he went to look down at her.

A knot grew in his throat as he pondered this feeling that was consuming him.

"Kristyn... Do I love you?"

He spent days trying to confirm his feelings. Did he really fall for her? The answer was yes. Every smile they shared made his mind hazy and his heart dopey. Her hugs were all he thought about. And when they were apart he found himself wondering about what exactly she was doing. He was hopelessly in love. He knew it. And he couldn't let it continue.

The day began as they usually do. However, today was a day filled with anticipation. Filled with dread. He repeated what he'd had to say over and over again trying to make this any less painful.

Kristyn made her way to him that morning with a smile he realized he never wanted to break. But the pain in his chest took seniority over whatever she may be feeling.

"Morning oppa!" She beamed as she continued to get closer

It didn't take long for her to see the sadness that settled into his face. His eyes weren't as bright and his usual hyperactive self was no where to be found. She stood beside him and elbowed his ribs.

"Yah, Chanyeol. What's wrong?"

"Ah... Wha-t's.... wrong with me?" He choked out.

He thought of all the things he's practiced. Now none of them seemed to be the right fit. It showed when no words fell out of his open mouth. Kristyn looked at him expectantly. What ever came to mind he was going to commit to. He had to.

"I've been thinking.... I... I shouldn't lead you on any longer... It was funny at first," His heart nearly shattered at the way her face fell, "You're really pathetic and clingy. And I hate that more than anything."

"O-Oppa..." Tears pooled in her eyes and he realized he couldn't look too long or he would completely break.

"Don't call me that way. I've always hated hearing it coming from you." He said it in a way that made him seem uncaring. In a way that made him seem like he'd rather be anywhere else.

Tears started falling down her face. Her heart sank in her chest and she felt like there was no air left in her lungs.

"Pathetic.." he seethed in annoyance. He turned his back and started to walk away.

"Please!" Kristyn wrapped her arms around his torso and held tightly. "Don't go. T-tell me how to fix this." She begged.

"I've explained.. There's nothing you can do to change this." He tried walking but she held even tighter.

"Th-there has to be someth-thing. A-anything." He could hear her sobs clearly and he could feel her tears soaking his shirt. "I love you Chanyeol."

Tears started to fall down his own face. He rested his hands on hers. She was warm and she was holding on for dear life.

"I don't love you... In fact I never have... You're a waste of space... A waist of air.." his body started to shake, tears started to flow harder, and his heart felt as if it were about to explode as he recited the words his mother once spoke to him. "And maybe.... No... Certainly you never should have been born." He pried her hands from his body and slowly took off down the hallway.

Kristyn fell to her knees as her first love walked away from her. Had he really been that indifferent towards her this whole time. She broke down as she thought of all the times she could have sworn she saw him love her back.

Chanyeol sat on the rooftop. Wind blew through his hair and froze the tears that relentlessly flowed down his cheeks. His entire body trembled with each sob. He bit his lip so hard it drew blood. He let out the ach in his heart. He let out the pain building up in his chest. He screamed and let the wind take away his pained cries.

"I'm sorry!" He screamed pounding his shaking fists into the sides of his head. "I-" He stood and looked over the edge of the building. "I'm the waist of air." He clenched tightly onto the railing.

His eye caught Kristyn stumbling across the campus. He knew it was her. He could identify her no matter how far he was. I'm sorry I hurt you... I just can't. He sobbed thinking these words.

He watched through blurred vision as she crossed the street. He could still see the trembling of her body. And then the car came out of no where. And he watched as it sped off as if it didn't happen.

Chanyeol had no time to think. No time to process. He just ran. He ran faster than he ever thought he could.

"Kristyn!"

He cradled her head in his arms. He could feel the blood seeping from her body. "Kristyn please! Stay awake. Just look at me."

"Ch-Ch..." Her eyes started fluttering and then all at once they closed. Her body completely relaxed and the hand reaching for him fell to the ground.

"KRISTYN!!!" He rocked her body back and forth. "DON'T DIE! YOU CAN'T DIE!" He held even tighter rocking and shaking. Tears poured down his face. "I LOVE YOU KRISTYN! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU... DON'T LEAVE ME! what am I supposed to do without you?" His body heaved with each pained scream and he pulled her face closer to his. "I'm so sorry."

People started crowding and there were people on their phones calling the medics. But all Chanyeol could do was hold her. He could only cry with her lifeless body in his arms.

"I didn't mean it. I take everything I said back. Come back to me! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!"

________________________

Sorry I killed you babe..... it just escalated really quickly because of the song I was listening to (it's in the media).... But the appropriate response would be to yell at chanyeol for not preforming CPR because you might have survived had he had any sense...

I love you!

Rina 💜