BTS: Vmin

Kim Taehyung was never the fashionable sort. His shirts were too large and wrinkled. His jeans never seemed to match. And he had the strangest personality of anyone I'd ever met. I on the other hand was the complete opposite. Style is what I breathed and I always did my best to conform to popular norms. I was rather successful at this.

Despite all of my popularity, and all of my reservations, his sloppy attire and box shaped smile pulled me in. His deep laugh resonated in my ears even when I was in bed attempting to sleep. I caught myself staring at his nicely tanned skin more often than not. My heart secretly fluttered whenever his tongue poked out of his mouth gliding over his lips.

But this isn't love. This is clearly an odd infatuation. A phase. Something I would soon get over with a sufficient amount of dates.

It's been a year since I'd developed this solution. Still every girl I talk to I end up wishing she were him.

School had ended hours ago but now I was walking in the rain on my way back. I had no reason. I needed no reason. Just a simple walk.

And there he was sitting on the curb. He looked like a random slump of human and clothing. But I knew it was him. I'd stared at that red long sleeved shirt and brown fringe on his forehead all day long. In his arms he cradled his back pack as the cold droplets relentlessly hit his back. Why wouldn't he put it over his head? Shield himself from a potential cold?

"What are you doing?" I asked stepping in front of him.

He looked up. His body was still crouched over his bag but his neck was craned up towards me. For a moment his stare was blank. Was it on purpose or accident that he looked as if he wanted to kill me?

"Jimin?" He asked. Soon after his familiar boxy smile appeared.

He knows my name? But Everyone knows my name. I shouldn't be this shocked. I shouldn't be this excited.

"What are you doing?" I restated trying to maintain some sort of composure.

"Ah... That..." He smiled and laughed before answering, "I figure if I sit out here long enough I'll become like a flower." Then he looked at the ground beneath him, "I should sit on some dirt if I want my dreams to come true shouldn't I?"

And there he went with that strange logic of his. It had to be the worst lie. And if it were a joke it wasn't that funny.

"You should go home."

"I can't give up now Park Jimin! How else will my dreams come true?" He asked cocking his head to the side.

"Right." I questioned subtly fiddling with the end of my umbrella. I should have known legitimate reasoning wouldn't work with him. "Well you've already forgotten the dirt. You should be healthy if you wish to become a flower. Go home. Get warm. Try again later." I suggested shrugging my shoulders.

"You're probably right. If I'm sick I might become a shrub."

"Yeah..."

He shot up from his spot surprising me with how sudden it was. I stumbled backwards. My feet had no traction against the wet ground and I started falling backward.

Before I knew it my wrist was in his firm hold. My umbrella was failing at its job and my stomach was against.... His book bag. I guess things could have been worse.

"Sorry Jimin! I didn't mean to scare you." His low voice was hushed due to how close we were.

His eyes were much more beautiful up close. I stepped back and gave a fake cough hoping that I wasn't blushing.

"You can let go now." I said with eyes directed to the floor.

"Sorry," he let go. But I missed it. I wanted to take it back. Let him hold on a little longer.