Seventeen: Hoshi

thrustinmehoshi

I was stressed. I couldn't take the constant tick of the clocks, the shallow chatter of fellow students, or the bell signaling the end of a period. My mind was too stressed to handle it all today. So after enduring the first two hours of school I snuck out the back door.

Clouds crowded the sky leaving the air and the monochrome city scape dreary. I walked with my eyes on the concrete. The walking. The silence. None of it helped ease the ache in my head or the pain in my chest.

The first droplets of rain came down as I was met with a bridge. I walked slowly as the cold drops splashed on my skin and the ground beneath me. If not to briefly look at the darkening sky I wouldn't have seen him.

A boy about my age stood peering over the railing. Beyond it was a rushing, unforgiving, river. His fluffy brown hair was slicking down as the rain started coming down harder. His grip on the railing became tighter. I could tell by how white his knuckles got. Before I could understand it his feet were on the railing instead of his hands. He looked down taking deep ragged breaths.

"What are you doing?"

He looked at me wide eyed. Now his chubby cheeks were wet because of the rain, but I had a feeling that they were wet even before that.

He visibly swallowed as if finding some nerve to speak, "just go away."

"No."

"What are you just curious to watch a guy jump then?"

"No," I didn't know what to say. I knew what him being on that ledge meant but I never expected to hear it out loud.

"Then go away. Leave me alone."

"If I leave you jump. I don't want you to jump."

He looked at me. His lip quivered and I could tell it was getting hard for him to speak.

"You don't know me. So stop... Stop acting like I mean something. J-just go away."

"If you jump... If you-"

"There's no one who would care. If I k-killed myself right now who would cry!? Huh!? Who?"

"If no one else? Then I would."  He just looked at me, stunned. "I'm Kristyn, what's your name?"

He looked at me as if he'd be poisoned if he spoke. I could assume tears were pouring down his face because I knew sure as hell they were running down mine. He settled himself down so he was sitting on the railing instead of standing.

"Soonyoung."

_______________________
So short but hey! I got it done! Sorry it took forever Kristyn! I love you child!! T.T

Rina💜