Seventeen: Wonwoo

thrustinmehoshi

Kristyn struggled with the groceries in her arms as she tried to unlock the door to her apartment. Her boyfriend loved when the fridge was full and she'd emptied it all while he was on tour. He'd be back any day and she had to make everything just right for him. He deserved to relax after the busy months he'd been gone.

Finally after five minutes struggling like a drunk she managed to put the key in the hole. She turned the knob and pushed the door open with her hip and shut it the same way. She made her way to the kitchen while whistling as she went.

A smell met Kristyn's nose as she entered the kitchen. This smell had been void of the home for over two years. Smoke. Because of her asthma her boyfriend agreed to quit the nasty habit. She followed the trail with her shirt covering her nose.

He stood looking out the doors that led to the balcony. Smoke continually puffed up from where he stood.

"Hey Wonwoo. What are you doing?" He turned to face her. Large sunglasses hid his expression and he continued to inhale the tobacco.

For a long time he kept the stick between his lips. The paper had nearly burnt to its end by the time he spoke to her.

"Where have you been?" He asked dropping the cigarette into the ashtray he'd been using.

"I went to go buy groceries. I was planning to make you a nice meal when you got back. We can work together now if you want."

"You know I didn't just mean today." He said in a voice that seemed too calm. Though he wasn't normally expressive, seeing her after so long would usually make him hyper.

"I've been plenty of places. You've been gone for months."

"Yes," was all he would say.

He took off the sunglasses and stuck another cigarette between his lips. Kristyn couldn't believe he was actually going to light it.

"Why are you acting so strange? I'm gonna put these groceries up. Put that out before you come inside." She said turning her back on him.

"There are so many places you could have gone while I was gone... But why did you have to go to him?"

"What?"

"Kristyn... Why him?" His voice was harsh and when She looked at him his eyes were just as icy.

"I've seen plenty of people your going to have to be more specific." She said giving her voice and edge to match his. This interrogation wasn't sitting well with her.

"Damn it Kristyn don't fuck with me!" He snapped. "You know exactly who I'm talking about."

"I honestly don't." She set her things on the counter and turned to look at him. "Who are you talking about?"

"Jungkook!" He snapped.

"J-Jungkook?" She laughed "You've got to be kidding me! He's my friend why wouldn't I see him?"

"Don't try to play it off so innocently." He warned.

"I'm not playing anything off. Our relationship is purely innocent. We are friends!"

"The pictures are proof enough that you've been sleeping around with him while I've been gone."

"What kind of pictures could prove something that isn't true?"

"When did it start?" He screeched slamming his fists against the counter top ignoring the question. "Was it even before I left?"

She couldn't fathom how he could believe something so awful of her. He knew how the press was. He knew that he was the only one for her. At least she thought he knew that.