BTS: J-Hope

BecaRenee

Mornings with him were my favorite. The side of his face would always squish into the pillow and his lips would remain partially open. Still he seemed to look undeniably handsome. One arm would surely be draped over my torso as if he needed my touch to be comfortable. I'd always wake up before him and I'd get a chance to stare at his face. Being with him never felt odd, scary, or uncomfortable. It had always felt right.

Hoseok and I had been dating for seven months and lately he'd slept in my apartment more than he even visited his own. Being away at collage was even better than I expected because I didn't have an eye over my shoulder at all times. Sure I missed my parents but it was a relief without them really.

This morning was like many before it. Walking up to his peaceful eyes made my heart flutter. His arm lay across my chest and his hand rested near my cheek. I laced my fingers through his and smiled when he immediately held on tighter.

A bell rang. Who could be wanting to see me so early in the morning? I got up despite how comfortable I was. It was hard to untangle his long fingers from mine but eventually I managed it. I threw on a sweater to look slightly presentable to whoever it was ringing my door bell.

I was speechless when I opened the door to three familiar faces.

My parents and sister hadn't been to visit me in three years due to a tight budget. I knew they had saved enough to come visit me but I didn't know it would be this soon.

Wordlessly I threw my arms around the first person that I saw. My mom held me tight shifting her weight between feet as she did so. Everyone received and gave tight, long, hugs.

"I can't believe you guys even made it up here! This is so incredible!" I quickly and excitedly pulled them inside shutting the door behind me.

I showed them my living room and it's connected kitchen.

"It's so cozy! I'm proud of you honey." My mother smiled.

"Hey Unnie! Next semester can I live here with you!?"

"Get accepted here and then maybe I'll consider letting you live with me." I laughed as my younger sister snuggled up to the stuffed white tiger Hoseok had won me on our first unofficial date.

I started a pot of coffee because even after being apart for so long I still knew each one liked to have a morning cup. My father liked his black and my sister and I liked it filled with cream and sugar. While my mother preferred something in the middle. We were like the three bears many times except with four instead of three, and we didn't exactly follow the order too closely. So maybe we weren't really like the three bears but I liked the analogy.

"So how are your classes?" My dad asked blowing on the steaming cup.

"A's and B's." I beamed at him. School work had always been rather easy for me and now that it was doing something I actually like I was excelling. The B's were entirely Hoseok's fault.

"That's good but you should try harder to raise those B's. It would look better on your record." I rolled my eyes at him.

Like I said it wasn't my fault but I couldn't tell them that. The thing about my parents were that they were incredibly conservative. At home I was barely allowed to look in the same direction as a boy. So any relationships I did have were only at school and those didn't last too long. They would probably kill me then die if they found out that I had a boyfriend. Especially one who seemed as if he needed skinship to survive.

Before I could tell them how close they were to being A's my worst nightmare unfolded in front of my eyes. My mother and father's eye's went wide and I turned to find a man in only his tight black boxers.

"Hey Jagi, what do you want for breakfast?" His sleepy eyes made small crescents and his hair was wild from how he slept. He rubbed his hand across his bare belly smiling still unaware of the situation, "I was think-" He stopped mid-sentence and looked nervously at all of us.

I couldn't believe I'd actually forgotten he was here. Before anyone could say anything or yell I shot up from my seat and started shoving Hoseok to my bedroom. He was still confused and reluctant to move much to my frustration.

I locked the door and started nervously running my fingers through my hair. How could this have happened?

"Rebeca.... was that your...?"

I would have answered had I not been running around the room gathering his clothes. I shoved them in his arms and started pacing back and forth. "Get dressed now!"

From the corner of my eye I could see him shimmying into his white washed jeans. He buttoned up and stepped closer to me still without a shirt.

"Rebeca..." He held onto my shoulders and tried to look in to my eyes.

I was too panicked to look at him. It wasn't his fault this happened, but I just couldn't help being slightly angry.

"Jagiya,"

"Don't jagiya me! Hoseok they saw you! I told you about them you know they'll kill me! How the hell do I explain this?" I was on the verge of tears and my heart felt like it was in my throat.

"Jagi," He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back. I could feel his heart beat against my skin, and it was more erratic than he looked. "Please don't panic. We'll find a way to fix this okay?"

"But-"

"Don't you trust me Rebeca?" I nodded my head. "And what am I?"

"I don't know..." I whispered trying to suppress a smile.

He lifted my chin and I was met with his toothy smile. "I'm your Hope!" He whispered, "I'll make them love me. Don't worry." He said before pressing his lips to mine.

He always had the ability to make me feel safe. To make me smile when there was no reason to smile. He finished getting dressed then we prepared to face my family. I wasn't sure what they would do and I wasn't sure what Hoseok would do if they started yelling at me. All we could do was wing it.

I planned to walk out separately. As far away from him as possible but instead he latched onto my hand and held tight. I really couldn't tell who was more nervous.

My parents were standing waiting for my return. My mother looked unsure while my father looked sterner. My sister just looked worried and apologetic. I didn't know who would speak first. I sure wasn't expecting it to be Hoseok.

"Rebeca has told me everything about you all and I've been wanting to meet you. I apologize that it was under these circumstances. I love your daughter and I'd never hurt her or do anything out of line. I only stayed the night because I wasn't able to stay at my own place tonight." He let go of me and stood in front of my father with his hand outstretched.

That last part about him unable to sleep at his apartment was a complete lie.

"Rebeca's an adult now...." My mother said.

"So... If you are someone she enjoys spending her time with..... then that's fine by me." My dad took his hand and shook it hard.

We talked for a while. My mother asking about our relationship and my father grilling Hoseok about his personal opinions and life. We agreed to meet up for lunch and dinner so they could get to know him more. As soon as the door shut he lifted me off my feet and spun me around the room.

"Did I not tell you everything was gonna be okay!?" He stopped spinning to kiss me and then to jump around excitedly.

"You still have to impress them you know."

"No one can resist my charm Beca. Not even your dad." He said with a wink.

___________________________

I feel like my writing sucked on this. I might redo and write something better. I'm sorry this was so terrible little sister!!! Forgive me!