The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 15 ]

Start from the beginning

“You mean the people living on our right or left?” I asked nervously, then I remembered something…the people living on our left were gay.

“On our right - the Carter’s. Now go get changed, we’re going there in ten.”

Yay life.

Fifteen minutes later, I found myself awkwardly sitting in Reece’s guestroom along with my mother and Reece’s mother – Aurora. I wondered where Reece was…

“So, Chloe, what grade are you in?” I looked up into Aurora’s rich, brown eyes. She was a really beautiful woman, really young looking too.

I smiled, “Eleven.”

“Oh, it that case, I don’t suppose you’ve met my son, Reece? He’s in the year above you.”

“I know him – we’re…umm…friends?”

Why did that sound more like a question than a statement?

Maybe…because I don’t even know what we are.

At that moment, the sounds of keys rattling through the door met my eyes and we all looked towards where Reece was standing like a Badass God with his messy hair and his bag slung over one shoulder and a few buttons of his shirt undone. He glanced my way and although he was confused, he sent me a smile that made me forget how to breathe.

He kissed his mother then greeted mine, before he excused himself to go upstairs and change.

We left soon afterwards and I was relieved it was over.

I walked up the stairs to my bedroom and turned on my laptop where I found myself bombarded with Letters to Cupid’s Assistant.

Dear Cupid’s Assistant,
I’ve been hurt by too many guys in the past – my heart’s been tossed around and been used way too much. I don’t think I can trust guys anymore.
But…there’s this guy in my art class…and he’s so sweet…he asked me out to dinner tomorrow and gave me his number…I said I’ll think about it.
Can I trust him?
Sasha.

I sighed. If only I had a dollar every time I got a question like this.

Dear Sasha,
Until a man has done something to make you not trust him, don’t make him pay for the troubles other men have caused.
Call him.
Forget the risks and take the fall, if it’s meant to be, it’ll be worth it all.
Hey – that rhymed.
XOXO
CA

I scanned through a few more, before I took interest in another one.

Dear Cupid’s Assistant,
Which one do you prefer?
American Boys or British Boys?
-Flirt Alert

I laughed quietly. Sometimes people didn’t want advice at all, they just wanted some fun.

Dear Flirt Alert,
British boys all the waayyy!
Here are seven reasons why:
1.     His accent
2.     Having someone call you ‘love’
3.     His accent
4.     They dress better than American boys
5.     His accent
6.     They’re cuter than American boys
7.     His accent
Ahha but always remember, in the end - it’s the personality that counts, you can’t choose who you fall for.
XOXO
CA