Invade

I tug at my arms for the hundredth time, sweat beading my forehead as I struggle against my binds

  I tug at my arms for the hundredth time, sweat beading my forehead as I struggle against my binds. My hands and feet are locked to the chair with metal braces, and we've been sitting here for over fifteen minutes. Of course, I don't know exactly how long, but my anxiety has been climbing every time I take a breath.

  "How do you think she's gonna kill us?" Bonnie asks, leaning over and looking at me.

  "What a bloody question." Newt comments, trying to pull his arms out of his cuffs.

  I roll my eyes. "I don't know, but it better be painful. I gone through too much shit to die a peaceful death." I mutter, staring at the wall in front of me.

  The dark room is in fact very dark, and I remember it. During my time here, I'd only come in here once. It gave me the shivers, haunted me even. It's the room where they killed Wicked soldiers who had been infected with the Flare. They'd lock them in chairs similar to ours and execute them. A variety of weapons line the walls, from guns, to knives, to axes. On the other side of the room, there are bottles filled with various poisons and needles for silently killing someone.

  "That bitch better not stick one of those needles in my arm." I say, twisting back around to look at the weapons. There's a long machete that looks trustworthy enough. Or maybe one of the pistols.

  "I don't like needles," Newt states, glancing at me from my other side. "And to bloody think, I just resurrected from the dead."

  I can't help but laugh. I tilt my head back and stare at the ceiling, not like it's intriguing or anything. I just wanna get this over with. There's no escaping these restraints, and once she comes in here, it's game over.

  "You know, I had so much to live for!" Bonnie exclaims. "I wanted three cats to live with me. I had their names picked out and everything. What a shame."

  I let out another chuckle. It's so strange that we all find the humor in this situation, despite the fact that we are about to be dead in less than five minutes. I guess I'm not scared because I'm used to it. I've come so close to death countless times, it's kind of become a routine now.

  "This sucks." Bonnie says.

  "Yup." I agree, sighing.

  "Good that." Newt replies.

  I take another look around. Cameras sit in the top corners of the room, for all I know Ava could be watching our meaningless conversation.

  "My nose itches." Newt complains.

  "Don't say that, you're gonna make mine itch." Bonnie says.