Reassure

Thank you Serena for the lovely fan art above!!! ❤️ Do you have fan art? Send it to me through Instagram (Shuckoffgreenie) or E-mail (Acreativeblur@gmail

Thank you Serena for the lovely fan art above!!! ❤️ Do you have fan art? Send it to me through Instagram (Shuckoffgreenie) or E-mail (Acreativeblur@gmail.com)

  When I wake up, Newt's arms are still wrapped around me tightly, his face buried into my hair. I let out a yawn and see some of the other Gladers groggily open their eyes before turning over and closing them again. Its the first time I've slept through the night undisturbed. Pure bliss fills my veins.

  "Good morning, beautiful," Newt's raspy morning voice puts a smile on my face as I roll over to face him. His face so close to mine, gazing at me with loving eyes and smiles. He pulls me closer to his chest and plants a kiss on my lips before pecking my forehead. "Sleep well?"

  I run my hands through his morning hair, smoothing it out. "Best I've ever slept." I say, giving his nose a small kiss. He blushes, which makes me giggle.

  "Your laugh is so cute." He grins, a smile that lights up everything about him. He is perfect in every way.

  "Why thanks." I giggle some more, unable to stop it.

  He moves my hair out of my face, keeping his hand below my chin. "Why are you so adorable?"

  "I'm not good at taking compliments." I say, looking away.

  "I can't help it, love. You're bloody gorgeous." He tilts my head back to meet his eyes.

  "I love you." I whisper.

  He nods. "I love you too."

  I put my lips of his, one hand behind his head, the other tracing circles on his chest. His hands move to my cheeks, cupping my face as he kisses back gently. A softy, sweet and simple kiss, much different than last night.

  "Newt." I say, slightly pulling away.

  "Shh." He mumbles, continuing on. He wraps his hands around my waist, pulling me onto him.

  "I need to go to the restroom." I laugh, reaching behind me and pulling his hands off me.

  "Fine. But come back when you're done." He says, sitting up and stretching, muscles flexing against his bare skin. My eyes can't look away.

  He catches my eye, smiles. "Thought you were going to the restroom?" He smirks.

  My face gets hot. "Oh. Of course, um, I'll uh, be right back." I stand up, walking to the bathroom.

  I take care of myself then come back out, Newt sitting up against the pillows.

  "Hello, love." He smiles as if I've been gone for hours.

  "I brought you this. Don't want the others to find it." I hand him his shirt, looking at the ground.

  He chuckles. "Why not?"

  I feel my face turn red. "Because, you know, last night..." I trail off, sitting on the edge of the bed.

  He grabs my hand, rubs his thumb over it. "I don't regret last night. It was amazing. You're amazing." I look up at him. Smile. He pulls me over to him so that I sit on his lap. My hands around his face, his arms wrapped around my torso. He secures a piece of hair behind my ear, trailing one of his fingers down my face.

"It almost seems too good to be true." I say, skin tingling at his touch.

"What does, love?"

"How everything was so bad one minute, and now, we're safe. You and I can have a life together. We're no longer Wicked's little lab rats." My heart speeds up and he brings me closer to him.

"Well, good thing it is true then, because I think I'd go crazy not having you with me." He tells me. I look into his eyes, and I see a world that is so different than the one we live in now. I see a future in him, a future with him. A dream of us being together forever, have a family of our own, growing old together. A dream come true.

  But I also see the pain in his eyes. The hurt. The sadness. I wonder if it will ever wash away. And every thing reminds me of the Trials. I see Chuck in people's laughs, how he always wanted to laugh. I see betrayal every time I look at Aris or Sonya. I look down at my wrist, the tattoo still marked permanently into my skin, a forever reminder of all the pain and suffering that I have endured. Waking up in that box. A night in the Maze. Seeing Chuck and all my friends die. The Betrayal. All the torture, all the heartbreak, all the despair and all the hatred will forever be carried with me. Wicked has ruined me...

  I quickly change my mind.

  Wicked has made me stronger. I am no longer afraid of tomorrow for I am safe now. I am not scared to talk or act or do anything. And if I ever come back in contact with Wicked, boy they better be ready.

  Yet, a single tear still slides down my face.

  "Hey," Newt whispers, grabbing my attention. I look up at him. "Its okay."

  He wraps his arms around me, pulling me in and I bury my face into his chest, absorbing his heat and listening to his heart beating against his skin. He combs through my hair, untangling it as he shushes my sniffles. His rubs my shoulders and kissed the top of my head before letting go. "Its all going to be okay, love."

  I nod my head and he wipes my face.

  "Good morning shanks-Gah! Newt! Put a shirt on! Only Olivia wants to see that!" Minho shrieks from across the room. Way to go Minho, always ruining the moment. But I can't help but laugh. I hand Newt his rolled up top and he slides it back on.

  I turn around and see Minho cracking his neck, once perfect hair is now sticking out all over the place. I snort, trying to contain my laughter. "Nice hair."

  "Yeah yeah whatever." He mumbles, running his fingers through it.

  "Did you have sweet dreams?" Newt teases from behind me.

  "Slept like a baby," He replies, standing up and stretching. The others start to rustle awake from the commotion. "I just want some food now."

  Newt laughs. "Some things never change."

AUTHOR: Hey guys! As you can tell, I am on a publishing spree. One reason is because I wrote a bunch of chapters and figured I would go ahead and edit and publish them. If I have them ready, why keep y'all waiting? Secondly, it is always so painful to be reading a story, and if you really like it, you have to wait for them to post the second chapter. I hope y'all are enjoying! Xo. <3 :)))