Plan

Do you have fan art? Send it to me through Instagram (Shuckoffgreenie) or Email (Acreativeblur@gmail

Do you have fan art? Send it to me through Instagram (Shuckoffgreenie) or Email (Acreativeblur@gmail.com) ❤️

  When I wake up, all I see are faces above me. Newt, Minho, Aris...

  Aris.

  I speak my thoughts out loud, unable to control my mouth. Aris's eyes widen.

  "Olivia?" Newt's voice rings in my ear. My eyes burn and I feel something rising up in my throat. I helplessly move around, struggling against the arms and hands that hold me down. "Olivia can you hear me?"

  I push and thrash against them, fighting to get loose. "Let...let me go...need to go," I manage to say. My entire body convulses and spazzes against their weight. "Please!"

  They finally take their hands off me, and I don't hesitate to sit up. A couple people move away from me as I attempt to catch my breath, chest hyperventilating rapidly as my fingers dig into the soil next to me, clawing at rocks and shaking uncontrollably.

  Newt crawls in front of me. "Olivia!" He shouts and cups my face in his hands, keeping me still. My eyes dart around and my hands grab his sides, steadying myself. He shushes me, "Shh, love, shh." I focus on my breathing, in and out, up and down. Newt nods at me, raising his eyebrows.

  "I remember, Newt. I can remember it." I croak out.

  "Remember what?" He asks, moving his hands to my shoulders.

  "The Sun Flares. I remember the day they hit, I remember Aris. He was the first immune they found. Our families got the disease. Chuck...." I mumble. My words are all jumbled together. "It made sense this time, Newt. I remember it clearly, I was conscious, I knew what was happening. My memories are returning."

  He doesn't say anything, trying to process it all.

  "This isn't the first time, Newt." I croak out.

  "What do you mean?" He questions, searching me for answers.

  "Before we came to Wicked headquarters, in the helicopter. I remembered my parents. My dad had the flare, he was violent and crazy. Chuck and I were so little, and I agreed to help Ava Paige start this, this madness."

  "Who's Ava Paige? Does she work with Wicked?" He asks me.

  I ignore his question. "It's all my fault. I created this. My fault..." I murmur, tears welling in my eyes.

  Newt pulls me to his chest, heart beating against my temple. "Shh, love. It's not your fault. You were young, they took advantage of you," He whispers, rocking me back and forth, rubbing my head as I silently cry into his chest. "It's okay. You're okay, love. You're safe now. You're safe with me."

  For a few minutes, it's nothing but silence as he holds me in his arms, comforting me as my sobs die down. I am hurt from the memory of seeing everything and nearly everyone I care about destroyed. Making Aris part of the Trials, that hurt just as much. That was the first sign. I should have known they were up to no good. They said they would use "special" people for the experiment, people who had nothing else to live for, so it would be better to risk their life in the Maze than live out in the real world. I thought they meant people who deserved it when Ava told me that. Like criminals, bad people. Not innocent kids. Not people who had their entire life in front of them.