Epilogue

Olivia

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Olivia

  "You look so pretty, mom."

  I smile, gazing at the photo in front of me. A light pink fingernail from next to me points to the picture. "I can't believe that Uncle Minho wore a suit and tie." Shay laughs.

  I look over at the two kids sitting next to me. Shay is smiling, blue eyes running over the entire page and she tucks a piece of dirty blonde hair behind her ear. Her little brother Oscar sits in her lap, he is a striking image of Newt, his blonde hair and chocolate eyes. But he has curly hair just like Chuck, and I see my little brother everyday in him. He acts just like he did, he is a ray of sunshine, and always a bundle of energy.

  "Your dress was gorgeous. Can I wear it at my wedding?" Shay asks. I take a look at the photo. It's of Newt and I standing under a willow tree, his hands around my waist and mine around his neck. My dress is a creamy, loose white fabric, flaring out gently from the waist. Faint lace detailing stretches across the top and my hair is braided with flowers in it. Simple, but it's the most beautiful I felt in my entire life.

  "Of course you can, honey." I whisper. It's hard to believe so much time has gone by. Newt and I were married shortly after we found paradise, I had just turned seventeen.

  Shay was born when I was 21, Oscar at 27, and Allie just almost a year ago. These photos are only from our wedding until now. I haven't told the kids about what happened to their parents and my friends yet, but I plan on telling them when they're older. It took me years to get over the trauma of what happened, and even now from time to time, I'll wake up in the bed screaming from the memories. No, I'll wait until they're old enough to handle it. I just want my kids to live normal lives, the life I never got a chance to have.

  "Look," I say, shaking away my thoughts and pointing to a other picture of Brenda, Bonnie, Harriet and Sonya all in pale blue dresses, holding bouquets of flowers. Bonnie was my maid of honor, and she was just as excited about the wedding as I was.

  "Ms. Bonnie looks so young!" She giggles. "What flowers are those?"

  I smile. "Peonies and daisies." I answer. I move my eyes to another picture of Newt and I cutting our cake. The next one, Newt put a little bit of frosting on my nose, laughing at my surprised face.

  "I hope my husband looks at me that way when I'm older." She murmurs. I look at her, her head against my arm, smiling at the pictures. I wrap my arm around her shoulders, kissing her forehead.

  "You will, sweetie. Just you wait." I whisper.

  "I want ice cream cake at my wedding!" Oscar shouts enthusiastically, tapping my arm over and over. "Ice cream! Ice cream! Ice cream!"

Demolished Love | Death Cureजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें