Out

Do you have fan art? Send it to me through Instagram (Shuckoffgreenie) or email (Acreativeblur@gmail

Do you have fan art? Send it to me through Instagram (Shuckoffgreenie) or email (Acreativeblur@gmail.com) ❤️

  I have to use every ounce of control to not gasp. I look over at Aris, who seems just as surprised, scared even, as I am.

  Realization hits me like a truck. I now know exactly where we are, exactly what we're up against.

  Harrison pulls out a tablet and taps a few buttons. A large screen appears in front of the two men, displaying a woman sitting at a desk.

  "Chancellor Paige." Ratman calls out, getting her attention.

  She stands up, and I instantly recognize her. It's Ava, as in Ava from my memories. The woman who took me in, convinced me to join Wicked. But who become brutal and awful and sinister. I hate her.

  She smooths out her black lab coat, similar to the one Ratman is wearing. "Janson." She nods at him.

  "What is this about?" He asks, clearly impatient.

  "Stage three is moving far to slow for my preference." She replies.

  "There is not much we can do about it. We are moving as fast as we can."

  "The Right Arm is still out there. They're in the mountains and I cannot just sit here and wait for their attack." Ava says, her voice raising.

  "What do you suggest we do?"

  "Don't wait. Go ahead and take Group A. Now." Ava instructs.

  Ratman nods his head. "Very well." He starts to walk off.

  "Janson," Ava says. Ratman turns back around. "I don't want them to feel any pain." She says, her voice sad.

  "Trust me. They won't feel a thing," Ratman says. He continues to walk out of the room, a sly grin growing on his face. "Let's go get our Glader friends." He says to Harrison, who nods and scurries after him.

  After they leave the room, Aris and I bolt.

  "We've gotta get out of here!" I whisper yell as we climb back into the vent. I frantically crawl back to my room.

  "Olivia! Wait! How do you plan on getting out of this place?!" He shouts, following me. I don't answer, my mind is focused on warning the others.

  As I get closer, I see Newt pacing in front of the vent. I quickly push it open, tumbling out.

  "Olivia," Newt says, helping me up. My eyes are wild, darting all over the room, searching for a way to block our door. "Olivia, what's wrong?" He asks, voice echoing through my head.

  "We gotta move." I say, voice on autopilot. I try and take a step back, but Newt's hands keep me in place.

  "What?"