The blue-haired looked around. There were absolutely no people to be seen. The houses were all reflections of their neighborhood, but totally devoid of life.

"Smell!" Mai reached with her bouquet to Yuna's face.

"Okay." Yuna crouched down and smelled the flowers. "They smell nice."

"I'll bring them to mama. Mama loves flowers."

"She does. She will enjoy them very much."

Mai surged forward again and jumped happily around the meadow. The huntress stood at the edge of the grass and watched her. They were not in a hurry. Perhaps this would be the last time that Mai could play on a meadow.

She had done it. She had saved Mai's soul. She had avenged the death of her little sister. Why didn't she feel relieved then? This scene, as beautiful as it might be, just could not be real.

Yuna lay dying in the forest and there was no one to rescue her. Maybe she would remain stuck here. Or the heinous Tirr was right and she really couldn't die from a wound like this.

Her stomach ached. The huntress gritted her teeth and touched the painful area. Bloody handprints emerged where her hand touched the shirt. She felt slightly dizzy. She had to bring Mai home.

"Mai! Come here. We need to go to mama."

"Yes!" The younger came running up excitedly, then she stopped abruptly when she saw her sister. "Are you all right?", she asked with a worried facial expression.

"Yeah. All good. Let's go."

"Okay."

Mai took the lead and walked in front of Yuna. The blue-haired gritted her teeth and followed her sister with heavy steps. She could not allow herself to break down now. She didn't know if Mai would be able to find her way back home. A coughing fit shook the slayer. She held her hand over her mouth and felt blood splash against her palm. Her stomach was on fire.

"I must hurry." She doubled her efforts.

Mai glanced uncertain over her shoulder. "Nee-san?"

"I'm good. It's down on the left. The fourth house."

"Are you sick, Yuna?"

"A little."

"When we get home, I'll get my doctor suitcase. Then I can nurse you."

"That's a good idea."

As soon as they turned around the corner, Mai ran.

"Mai! Wait!" Yuna felt nauseous. She pressed her hand on her aching stomach. She felt the blood gliding down her legs. "I'm almost done. Hold on.", she said to herself.

Mai arrived at the garden gate, but could not open it. She looked urgently to her older sister.

"Yuna. I can't reach the handle."

"Don't worry. I'm on it."

"You're bleeding."

"I know. It's nothing."

"You bleed very strong."

"Don't worry, Mai."

The huntress glanced over her shoulder. She left a bloody trail behind herself. The blue-haired shook and walked to the gate. She reached over, unlocked it and pushed it open.

"Mama! We're back!", shouted Mai and rushed to the front door of the house. Yuna followed her with shuffling steps. The child grabbed the handle and pulled. Slowly, the door slid open. Bright light blinded Yuna. She held her hand up to her face, but could still see nothing.

"You have found her." Her mother's voice.

"Mama!", yelled Mai delighted and jumped into the light.

"You did very well, Yuna."

"I brought flowers for you, mama!", explained the little girl excitedly. "They are from the park next to the playground."

"They are beautiful, Mai. Bring them to the kitchen for me, will you? Mommy needs to talk to your sister."

"Yes, mama."

Yuna fancied she could hear the footsteps of her sister. She could hardly keep her eyes open. Her whole body ached.

"Mother, I think I die."

"No. You can do this. You are so strong."

"I can't go on anymore. I'm at the end. Let me inside."

"That's not possible. You have to go back. Your father and Yui are still out there."

"Yui is still alive."

"Really? That's wonderful news."

The huntress leaned on the door frame. Breathing became increasingly difficult. "How are you?"

"We're dead, honey. You don't have to worry about us."

"Okay. Bye for now?"

"At some point we will see each other again. I hope that you are an old woman then and have lived a good life."

"That would be nice.", admitted the blue-haired.

"Okay. Go. It's time to wake up."

The door closed before Yuna. Great, how should she get out of here? Slowly, she sank to her knees.

"Crap ..."

Her wounds burned like hell. The girl had to cough. Blood ran down her chin. She lay down and closed her eyes.