CHAPTER 27: Anime Convention

Začít od začátku

"H-hai, Ryuuro-sama," He stammered. "Besides the school, the Abrera family owned a beach resort and spa somewhere in Palawan, both public and private use. Abrera Nathaniel has a twin brother named Abrera Gabriel as well. Their father, Abrera Leandro Mikael, is a mountaineer and the founder of an active mountain climbing group. Their mother, Abrera Krisalline, was a private nurse for the Abrera Family before she became the member of the kin. She passed away after giving birth—"

[Stop. That's all I wanted to hear. A rich kid, eh? I had all the benefits if ever that Nathaniel boy spoiled my little sister. So where are you heading?]

"Mall of Asia, Ryuuro-sama," He answered.

[Is that so? Deliver me something Filipino-ish and I'll double up your payment for this month.]

"Yes, Ryuuro-sama!" 

~inside SMX

Anna was amazed with the structure of the building.

They only built it into two floors.

It was her first time seeing an elevator that long. Nathaniel gave his driver a suitable amount of cash and then he allowed him to spend his time at the mall nearby.

There were only few people on the ground floor.

She noticed the banner of the event they were about to attend on the bulletin. She also noticed a bazaar for books as they walked past a great hall.

She reminded herself to visit that later.

"It's your first time coming here, right?" He asked as they rode the elevator.

She nodded.

"Nice, isn't it?" He looked at the time. "Sa oras na to, medyo marami nang tao. We don't have to line up like those guys, however," He pointed the line of people above. "The benefit of being friends with an event organizer." :Dv

Once they were on the second floor, she felt like she was on the other world. Different kind of characters were walking and laughing around.

Some were familiar with Anna's eyes.

She was amused, to say the least.

She was never fond of cosplaying.

In her hometown, conventions were everywhere. Cosplayers are everywhere as well. Even when they were having school festival, her school was filled with cosplayers.

She's used with that. She had spent her entire life with that lifestyle.

It never occurred to her – until now – that seeing this familiar scene would give her a sense of nostalgic. She had missed this, even though she wouldn't admit it.

Now she knew that Nathaniel's remarks were not sarcastic.

Her outfit was much simpler compared to some. There were even Harajuku girls walking around. Some were wearing neko ears and a maid costume.

A scene very familiar to her.

Anna felt like she was cosplaying as well, noting that she too, was wearing a fake hairpiece at the moment. And eye contacts, needless to say.

She felt like she was in Japan again.

"Let's go?" Nathaniel said. "Let's explore inside. Maybe take some pictures with the cosplayers. An cafe would show themselves later. That's for sure."

"I'll just follow your lead," She said.

"Oka—"

"Ate, ate, pwedeng papicture?" A random girl asked out of the sudden. They were two of them. She saw their nametags: Jade and Denise.