Chapter 43- I Love You

"And we are put on this earth a little space that we might learn to bear the beams of love" -William Blake

Jonathan's P.O.V

"So Jonathan, what was going on in your head while you were fighting Henrique?" A reported asked, shoving a microphone in my face. I glared at the young boy.

"There's a line we don't cross in this league and he crossed it." I shoved past the reporters and into our private locker room. Adam Henrique is a dick and I wasn't letting him get away with it.

"You need to calm down." Patrick warned, grabbing onto my pads. I shoved him off of me, quickly changing and running out to the car. Natalie was leaned against it, giving me a wide smile.

"What'd Adam say?" She asked, kissing my quickly before hopping into the passengers seat. We drove away from the arena, getting stuck in traffic as usual. I'd been leaving the stadium earlier than usual, which meant I almost always hit the traffic leaving the games.

"He said he was gonna fuck you like every other player in the league." My grip tightened on the steering wheel. I know Natalie didn't just hook up randomly, so her sleeping with only 4 or 5 guys other than me should've made me happy. But the fact that I had to see the guys she slept with at every event killed me.

"I'm glad you beat him up then." She smiled and my anger instantly melted away. We made it back to her place around 11, letting Deke out before collapsing onto the couch. Say Anything was playing in the background, but I was too focused on Natalie. She kept complaining, scolding me for not watching the movie, but she was way more entertaining.

"Hello bitches, I know you've missed me." Patrick shouted, barging into our apartment. Deke began barking like a mad man. I shushed both of them, patting the empty space on the couch next to me.

"We saw you like half an hour ago, but of course we missed you." I said, chuckling at the blond. "What brought you here?"

"Can't a guy just hang out with his best friends?" Patrick grinned, leaning into my side. I shoved him away, throwing a couple popcorn pieces in his direction. "But seriously, I've been spending so much time with Pan and I miss you guys. We should invite the whole gang over."

"That sounds fun, I'll call Chaunette and Andrew, Jon you call Corey." Natalie smiled, dialing the numbers. I called Corey, telling him to get over here with as much alcohol as possible.

"The party's officially here." Andrew shouted, a case of beer under one of his arms and Chaunette under the other. Natalie ran towards one of her best friends, throwing her arms around the tiny blonde. Corey stepped in a minute later, setting a bottle of Fireball and vodka on the counter. I engulfed the boys in hugs and kissed Chaunette's cheek.

"So what do you say to having a little rematch kids?" Andrew asked with a terrifying grin on his face. He grabbed Patrick whispering for him to help move the ping pong table in the open space between our living room and bedroom. Nat found some red solo cups and I helped fill each of them with beer.

Patrick threw the first ping pong ball, missing it wide.

"Peaks you're not even drunk, yet you suck." Natalie chirped, earning a high five from Andrew. Patrick rolled his eyes at her. I handed Nat the ball and she lined up to take the shot. She released, sinking it in the first cup. Patrick groaned, chugging the liquid.

Our game continued until there was only 1 cup for us to make and 2 for Patrick and Andrew to make. Just as Natalie was about to throw, her phone obnoxiously rung. She pulled it out of her pocket, Mark's face filling the screen.