Chapter 36 -New Beginnings

"Yes, I guess you could say I'm a loner, but I feel more lonely in a crowed room with boring people than I feel on my own." -Henry Rollins

Natalie's P.O.V

"Stop! I seriously have work to do!" I laughed, shoving Beau off of me. He chucked, giving me a peck before rolling off the couch. Beau and I had kind of been a thing the past few days. Apparently he didn't mind being a rebound. I felt kind of bad using him, but I kind of saw potential in our relationship. I'm sure if I'd never met Jon, Beau and I would be in an actual relationship. But right now he understood that I still loved Jon.

"Babe, Pat is calling. Should I just hang up?"

"Fuck. No I need to talk to him at some point." I grabbed my phone from him and stepped into Tyler's kitchen. "What do you want?"

"Please hear me out."

"Absolutely not. Pat I love you, but you're an asshole." I could feel myself beginning to cry. Every word Patrick said brought back memories. Their grimy hands on my hips while I could barely stand. A scruffy beard kissing my neck. Noah punching both of the assholes and taking me back to his place. I was so scared that night, it took me months to recover from.

Noah. The best thing that's ever happened to me. I'd only been  in love 4 times in my life, which may seem like a lot, but I was the luckiest girl alive in the boy department. Only two of those I considered spending the rest of my life with, one of them being Noah. I'd met him at a frat party when he turned into my knight in shining armor. We hit it off instantly, dating throughout most of college. We broke up the summer after we graduated when we decided our lives were going in completely different directions. Over 3 years, 42 months,  1274 days I'd spent loving Noah. He was by far my longest relationship and I was more in love with him than any other person. He saved me.

I can still remember the littlest of details about him. The way he always claimed Tom was his favorite Parks and Rec character because he thought I would get upset if he said Ann was his favorite because of her looks. Or how he drank a black cup of coffee every morning even though he hated the taste. He claimed it made him feel like a real adult. Or maybe how he would always defend me even when I knew his friends were joking. Or how he only read old books and refused to read Harry Potter even though he knew it was an amazing book. He was everything I ever wanted in an man, and so much more.

"Natalie, you still there?" Patrick whispered, breaking me from my thoughts. I made some kind of noise to ensure him I was listening still. "Do you still love Jon?"

"What? Of course I do."

"Then why aren't you here with him?" He shouted. "He fucking loves you, but you won't even call him. We don't even know where you are for god sake's. He doesn't sleep because he's so worried shit has happened to you."

"He has Lindsey. He doesn't need or care about me anymore."

"Are you stupid? He's mad for you. Natalie I've never seen him like this. Please at least call him and let him know you're okay."

"Fine. I'll call him."

"Thank you. Love you."

"Bye, Patrick." I hissed, hanging up before sitting on the couch next to Beau again. He kissed my head while Jamie and Tyler walked in. Tyler sat between us.

"Nat, were taking you ice skating. Get ready we're leaving in 5." I practically ran to my room, throwing on leggings and one of Beau's sweatshirts. I combed my hair out and threw it up into a loose bun. My makeup sat untouched on the counter in my bathroom like it had been for the past week. I wasn't about to put it on today.