Chapter 32 -Soulmates

"I recognized you instantly. All of our lives flashed through my mind in a split second. I felt a pull so strong towards you that I almost couldn't stop it." -J. Sterling

Jonathan's P.O.V

"Jon I got it!" Natalie screamed from the kitchen later that week. We were back in Chicago after my day with the cup, which went amazingly. My friends loved Natalie and she loved them. My mom and her were even becoming pretty good friends. The convention started on Friday and Nat decided to stay in the city with me instead of going on the road trip with the Cubs.

"Got what babe?" I asked, pulling her into the bed with me. She smiled up at me, glancing at her phone immediately after.

"That apartment across from Wrigley. The one I was looking at as soon as I moved into the city. I've been at Barbs house for way too long now." She giggled, leaning deeper into my side while scrolling through her phone. I glanced at the screen where she was already looking at interior designs for her new place. I got out of bed, pulling on a pair of light blue shorts and a gray Canada t-shirt. We were boating today with Niklas, Elina, Andrew, Chaunette, Corey and Patrick. It was sort of a random group, but we were the only ones really left in the city. Everyone was arriving in the next couple of days.

"You could always move in here. It's big enough for like four other people besides Pat and I." She dismissed my comment, pulling a dress on over her white bikini.

"It's way too big for when you and Pat are on road trips. It works for the Summer when we're all here, but when you guys are gone it's awful. Plus Wrigley is only like 10 minutes from here so we can be together all the time anyways." She joked, wrapping her arms around my waist and giving me a quick peck. I grabbed my wallet, keys and sunglasses and slipped on my flipflops. She did the same with her hat, sunglasses and glasses.

"It just seems like a waste of money. You already spend so much money flying everywhere. How can you afford that place? It's gotta be crazy expensive."

"I only fly during your off-season though. Plus, having TJ in DC means I won't go to St.Louis as much. And when I do, I'll just drive. It's not even that long of a ride." We hopped into my car and made our way towards the lake where our rented boat was. Patrick was already there since he'd been staying with Corey. He claimed 'Nat and I's lovey-dovey attitudes were worth puking over.' I had a feeling he was going to be moving out pretty soon anyways, which is why I really didn't want Nat to move to her own place.

I spotted the group standing on a dock, laughing together while looking out at the water. We joined them on the boat and begun sailing. It was way too big for the eight of us, but having such a large deck was nice for the ladies to tan on. They peeled off their cover ups while us boys fetched drinks and snacks.

"How are you all doing? I haven't seen you in a while." I asked Andrew, Hammer and Corey. I'd picked Pat up from the airport last night and was bringing him back before we flew to St. Louis for TJ's wedding. He always hated Chicago in the summer and went back to Buffalo for most of the off-season. As much as I loved Winnipeg, Chicago in the summer was my favorite. All of the athletes were back home so the UC was always free from Blackhawks and Bulls players, meaning I could practice there whenever I wanted. Plus, I had Natalie and Deke to keep my company this summer unlike the previous years that I forced David to visit me. I heard a phone ring from the deck, but ignored it and continued chatting with my friends.

Natalie's P.O.V

"I'll be right back." I excused myself from the girls and searched for a bathroom. "Hello?"

"What are you doing right this second?" Beau asked. He seemed drunk right now, but I wasn't completely sure.

"I'm on a boat with some friends. Why?"

"I need to see you, Natalie. We need closure."

"How much closure could we need. You know I'm with Jonny. It was a mistake, Beau." I sighed into the phone, leaning against the bathrooms counter.

"That wasn't a mistake and you know it. I'm scared of loosing you to him. Misery, and degradation, and death, and nothing that God or Satan could inflict would have parted us." He quoted Wuthering Heights again, much like the first time we'd met.

"Do you believe in soul mates, Beau?" I asked.

"Yes, of course."

"Well I've always believed that each person has more than one soulmate. There's got to be dozens among the earth. What are the odds that you'd meet your one and only soulmate? It just wouldn't happen. And your soulmates aren't always people you're in love with. I've found three of my soulmates. You're one of the Beau, but we can't be together because I'm in love with one of my other soulmates. God dammit Beau, I do love you, but not like you want me to be."

"I don't agree Natalie. Not one bit. We're made for each other. I respect you and Jon enough to not get in the way of what you guys have. You just can't forget about how similar we are okay?" I sighed at his point. Beau and I were oddly similar. We had the same taste in literature, music, movies and so much more. But I saw no future in him and I. I loved Jon so much and I wasn't going to jeopardize our relationship over a fling.

"I'll see you at TJ's wedding, okay?"

"See you then." He sighed, hanging up the phone. I left the bathroom, chugging a beer before joining the group. Jon motioned for me to join him on a couch and I gladly accepted. I found myself laying deep into his side while he effortlessly chatted with his friends.

"Who wants another beer?" Andrew offered, getting up from his place around a table. We all asked for one except Elina who was driving back to the suburbs tonight. I downed half of mine as soon as Shawsy handed it to me.

"Slow down, Tiger." Jon winked, pulling me up so I was dancing with him. He chucked deeply as we swayed back and forth to some country song I'd never heard. I rested my head against his chest, feeling about as home as I could. Beau would never come in the way of Jon and I. Never again. "Whatcha thinking about?"

"I just can't wait for the Training Camp. You know Mikita is my all time favorite player."

"Wow going back on your own family, eh? And a Blackhawks player at no least. What's gotten into you?" He joked, kissing my check.

"I've grown into another Chicago clone. But I'm glad it was you that converted me." I kissed him once again before talking off my hat. "Now let's go swimming."

This is so short and I'm so sorry, but next chapter will be more interesting I swear. Now I've got a few things to chat about. First off, Mr. Kane is absolutely killing it lately! Second, The Hawks movie comes out so soon (along with Purpose and Made in the Am tonight can I get a hell yeah). And The Hawks play the blues and flames this week so praise he lord.

AND I BOUGHT TØP AND JUSTIN BIEBER TICKETS THIS WEEK! JBs is on Wednesday so if you can't tell I'm freaking out. That's all have a great day everyone!

Q: When did you start loving your favorite team?

A: About 7ish years ago I think.