Chapter 3- The Game

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light." -Helen Keller

Jonathan's P.O.V

Scott was in goal, Sharpie to the left, Richards in center and Vermette to the right. On D was Oduya and Hammer. It was game time and pretty much a must win to kick the Kings out of the playoffs. I jumped onto the ice, playing slightly more offense than defense, but not by much. The Kings were quick team and were going to be tough.

5 minutes in Saader flew down the ice and gave a quick slapshot in Quick's direction. It hit his pad, bouncing directly to Bicks stick, who fired swiftly past Quick's glove. The rest of the period was uneventful until the very end. Brandon was by LA's goal waiting for a puck when Doughty shoved him into Clifford. He went down hard, clutching his head. A few minutes later he got up and made his way down the tunnel. Then Muzzin got one in past Darling. With that the period drew to a close.

We all heading down during the intermission to see Brandon sitting in his stall talking to Natalie. She looked really good today. Her hair was curled slightly and tucked into my hat. Plus she was wearing my favorite jersey which was absolutely massive on her. I kind of loved it. As we entered, Nat quickly got up from the stall to leave. I grabbed her arm and pulled her to the side.

"Why are you down here?"

"Um I wanted to check on Brandon. He's been really nice to me all day." I nodded. Letting her go.

"Meet me down here after the game."

She walked out of the room and down the tunnel. I turned back to the guys and found my way to my stall. Q walked in with a deep set frown on his face. He glared at all of us, each for a few seconds.

"How about we actually get a fucking puck in the back of the net boys." We all fell silent as he continued to scream at us. Most of the time it didn't bother me, but tonight seemed different. I honestly needed to get my shit together and lead the team for the win.

The rest of the game was very boring. Hoss, Hammer and Duncs all got a goal and Darling didn't let anything behind him. I was pissed I couldn't get one passed Quick, but at least they probably wouldn't be in the playoffs now.

All of the WAGs were in the locker room by the time the team entered. Nat sat in the corner talking to Chaunette. They seemed as if they were great friends already which couldn't be good. That would mean I would have to spend even more time with Shawsy. I already saw him almost everyday.

"Hey. You ready to go?" I asked, wrapping my arm around her shoulder. She glanced from Chaunette to me, her blue eyes extra vibrant right now. Chaunette made her way towards Andrew leaving Nat and I alone. She smiled at me, leaving her place under my arm. I forced myself not to frown.

"Let's go." She smiled big, grabbing my hand and yanking me towards the door. "Did Doughty say anything to you on the ice?"

"Not anything that he hasn't said before. Why?" She shrugged, avoiding my gaze. "What did he do you you?"

Natalie stayed quite, creating space between us in the barely lit tunnel. I attempted to reach out to her. My hand grabbed her, causing her to flinch heavily. She shook me off and sped up.

"Just drop it, it's not even a big deal."

"Nat, if he said something to you tell me."

"He didn't say anything to me." She shouted, throwing her her hands in the air. "He fucking kissed me."

We stayed silent the whole way home. Not having any sisters was really working against me tonight. I had no idea what to say or do. She looked so ticked off at me, which made virtually zero sense. Her lips were pursed into a straight line and her curled hair was thrown up in a messy ponytail. My winter classic hat was on the floor of Pat's car. Him and Amanda had been picked up by her sister so I snatched his car. More of a favor than anything.

"Want to come in for dinner." She asked, breaking the silence. I mentally thanked her and agreed to come in. There was a note on the counter from Barb saying there was food left in the fridge. Chicken Pot Pie, my favorite. Nat grabbed watermelon from the fridge and begun eating that. I offered her a bite of my food, but she shook it off.

"So, um where are you from?" She asked, chewing on the corner of her bottom lip.

"Winnipeg, I'm Canadian baby."

"I can tell, eh." I glared at her clear mocking.

"No one from the Midwest has any prominent accent. How am I supposed to make fun of you?"

"There's nothing, everyone from around here is perfect." She smiled widely, her teeth extra white in the dimly lite kitchen. Her hair was slowly falling out of it's ponytail, it's blonde locks framing her face. "What?"

"I'm not sure." I blushed, noticing her in my jersey again. "You're just really beautiful."

"Thanks. You're not too bad yourself."

"There's a Blues game next week, you coming?"

"Of course, but I've got nose bleed seats." She groaned, taking another bite of her watermelon.

"I've got you. Only if you wear my jersey again."

"No way in hell, Jonny. I'll be rocking my Blues gear."

"How many jerseys you got?" I questioned, leaning against the counter.

"Blues or in general?" She smirked, pulling me into her closet. Well more like spare room converted into a closet. This house had 4 rooms, much like mine so Barb always had way too much room. Natalie begun pulling jerseys off a rack. I saw a bunch of teams with a lot of my friends names written across the backs.

"So I've got um.. Oshie, Allen and Tarasenko for the Blues. And Jamie Benn, Gaudreau and Lundqvist. Oh and Ovechkin." She smiled.

"I'm surprised you didn't go Seguin with the Stars jersey."

"I'm not into him. Too many girls chasing him."

"We'll have to get you my jersey, eh?"

"I'm pretty content with this." She smiled, gesturing to my jersey. Her smile was just so beautiful. She was nothing like Lindsey who caked on makeup. Nat was just a natural essence of good looks. And there was a chance I was already falling for her.

The NHL Awards are on thank the lord I missed Hockey. After the Draft I'm not sure where I'm gonna get my hockey fix. Guess I'm watching Goon for the whole summer oops. But everyone I've been rooting for so far hasn't won, but it's early. We've got time. Ooh and I'm going to a Cubs game tomorrow so that's always fun!

Q: Favorite Teams?

A: Blues, Stars and Capitals