Chapter 12- Life's a Beach

"Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for it." -Katharine Whitehorn

Natalie's P.O.V

All I could hear was Patrick screaming. My eyes flung open and Jonathan's face was inches from mine. He didn't seemed fazed by all the noise though. His eyes were still peacefully screwed shut and his arm was slung loosely over me. I managed to wiggle out of his grasp and made my way down their hallway. Patrick stood at the end with a huge smirk covering his face.

"What's wrong with you." I asked, attempting to find a mug for the coffee he brewed.

"You and Jonny totally hooked up!" He shouted, pulling me in for a hug.

"No we didn't! You assholes wouldn't shut up last night so I came here."

"Sure you did." He winked. "Wanna make me eggs?" I nodded, pulling out everything I needed. I made bagels, bacon and sausage as well. Patrick was shoveling the food in his mouth by the time Jonny actually got out of bed. His hair was sticking up in every direction and his eyes were still puffy from sleep.

"Looking cute, babe." I laughed, handing him

"Shut up." He leaned in for a kiss, but I dodged it, earning a glare from him.

"Your breath smells. But anyway, I've got to go home." I gathered my clothes from the night before and quickly cleaned up the dishes. Jonny grabbed my wrist before I could leave.

"Where are you going? I thought we could hang out before I left."

"I've just got an interview. I'll stop by before you leave." He released my arm and leaned against the door frame.

"Okay, bye I'll see you later." He smiled, pressed his lips lightly to mine.

"Bye, babe."

*****

I glanced at myself in the mirror, thinking I looked pretty good. I was wearing a pretty basic gray dress with a black blazer and little black heels. My blonde hair was curled loosely and for the first time in months, I wore lip stick. The meeting was pretty casual and to be completely honest, I didn't want the job that bad. It was at a pretty big company in the heart of the city. But it was a marketing job. I majored in Business and Communications. I actually had a job with the Blues a while ago doing community activities and I would love to have that again.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kyle." A man, or should I say boy, greeted me. He looked no more than 2 or 3 years older than me. "I'm just gonna ask you a couple questions about your resume. I see you worked for the Blues organization. What made you look into this type of work?"

"Well to be completely honest, there's not as many opportunities for me in Chicago."

"I'm not going to lie to Natalie," Kyle stated. "You're way too qualified for this job. But since you have a background in sports, I may be able to help you out. I'm friends with the coach of the Cubs and I know the franchise is looking for someone to help with charity events. I could get you an interview if you'd like."

"Thank would mean a lot to me. Thank you."

"I'll have them give you a call. Have a nice day."

I jumped back in my Lexus with a huge smile on my face. Growing up in the Midwest I was pretty much forced to love baseball. Unlike everyone in St.Louis, I was a huge Cubs fan. It didn't make much sense growing up since the Cubs were awful, but they were actually doing alright now. If I could get a job with them I would probably die. I changed into running shorts and a tee shirt, running towards the boys house.