Chapter 25 -Wuthering Heights

"It is hard to forgive, and to look at those eyes, and feel those wasted hands." -Emily Bronte

Natalie's P.O.V

"Natalie! Hurry up we're gonna be late!" Jonny yelled from downstairs. I pulled on my championship t-shirt and fixed my hair under my hat. Patrick was standing in the door, shaking his head at my slowness. I rolled my eyes at him and punched his shoulder. Jon was standing next the front door with an annoyed expression on his face.

"The parade starts in an hour, calm down." I snapped grabbing my purse and hopping in my car. The boys were going out tonight, but I needed to go to work tomorrow since Jonny and I were heading to Vegas on Monday. So I really, really didn't want to be hung over. I was planning a big kid's event in a few weeks and had to talk to a few people before we left.

The UC was buzzing by the time I got there and half the team was already drunk. Especially Kris Versteeg and Andrew, but what did I expect.

"Plags, over here!" Shawsy slurred, wrapping his arm around me. I grabbed his beer from him. He was defiantly going to be embarrassed when he sobered up. Chaunette came over, thanking me for taking his beer. Jonny walked in, glancing at me while talking to John McDonough. I found Patrick, who left the media to talk to me.

"Why is Jon being so pissy?"

"He doesn't want anything to go wrong. Captain Serious really comes out on days like today." I brushed passed him, grabbing my things and attempting to find the exit. Jon was still in the way, now talking to Sharp. I attempted to sneak go around him, but he grabbed my wrist, yanking me towards him. I winced at his force, but he didn't seem to notice.

"Where are you going." He growled as soon as Sharp excused himself. His eyes were filled with venom. I'd never been scared of Jon before, but today I feared him more than anything. There was no way he'd do anything in front of all these people, but I didn't know him well enough to know that he wouldn't hurt me in his free time.

"I'm going home, let me go." I whispered. I really didn't want to draw attention to us right now.

"Nat, you've got to stay." He whined, his eyes softening under my gaze. He released my wrist and I could already see bruises coming in. He seemed to notice as he took my face in his hands. "I'm so sorry."

"It's fine, I'm gonna go I don't feel good. I'm sorry, I love you." I rushed out of the UC and into my car, letting the tears fall freely now. My phone rang, it was Kaner, but I ignore it and started driving. My drive was going to be a little over 5 hours and I wanted to get there before dinner. I dialed the number and tried to collect myself before pressing enter.

"Nat? What's up?"

"Can I come over? I can't stay in Chicago right now."

"Um yeah I'll let Lauren know. See you in a few hours."

"Thank you. I love you, TJ."

"Love you too, Nat."

*****
"Auntie Natawee!" Lyla shouted, running towards my legs. She clung on for dear life as I showered her in kisses, causing her to squeal in delight.

"Lyla! What's with all the noise?" Lauren shouted, emerging from what was presumably the kitchen. "Oh Nat, I didn't know you were coming."

"Sorry to impose. I called TJ to let him know I was coming."

"Oh it's not big deal! He's been out all day so apparently he hadn't thought to call me. Want some dinner? I made pasta." As if on cue, my stomach erupted into a loud rumble. Lauren laughed, dragging me towards the kitchen. She scooped the fettuccine Alfredo onto a plate and made me a side salad. We shoveled the food into our mouths, catching up on what had happened since we'd last seen each other.