Chapter 23- Go Cubs Go

"Go where you are celebrated-not tolerated. If they can't see the real value of you, it's time for a new start." -Unknown

Natalie's P.O.V

"And tell Chaunette I love her. And my little pups too. And tell Deke his favorite uncle misses him. Oh and I miss and love you too." Andrew rambled on, flashing me puppy dogs eyes. My heart ached at the sight of him.

"Love you." I pouted, wanting my best friend home. "You better kick some ass for me tonight."

I hung up the phone, glancing back to my computer. Even though it was only my first day, I already had stacks of work to do. The boys I'd met so far were beyond sweet and welcomed me with open arms. Literally. The minute I stepped into my office this morning, Rizzo pulled me into a bone crushing hug. According to my boss, he loved having new faces around. He's even invited me to get drinks with him after tonight's game, but I just really wanted to see my baby play. I was informed that the staff room was broadcasting the game tonight, so I guess I would be hanging in there.

"Natalie?" An unrecognizable deep voice asked. I looked up at the figure standing in my door frame and was met with the most piercing blue eyes I'd ever seen. The man adjacent to me was absolutely breathtaking. "I'm Kris Bryant and I just wanted to say welcome on behalf of the team."

"Oh Anthony already welcomed me, but thank you so much." I started typing again, expecting him to leave to get ready for his game. But instead he sat down in the chair across for my desk.

"I just want to let you know if you need any help getting around Chicago, I'm here for you. I heard you're new here and so am I, but I can figure it out for the both of us." He game me a wide smile. His teeth were brighter than a fresh blanket of snow in the winter.

"Yeah my boyfriend has been here a long time so I'd probably turn to him, no offence."

"Jonathan right? My girlfriend is practically in love with him."

"I guess your girlfriend and I have something in common then." He let out a deep chuckle and said a quick good-bye. The game was starting soon so he had to get ready. I desperately wanted to finish all of this work. Jon was gonna be home in the morning and I wanted him all to myself while I could.

The Cubs game started shortly after and somehow I managed to finish all my paperwork. My inner Cubs fan was living for the chance to watch a game. I'd only been to Wrigley Field once before and had only seen the Cubs play three times before. Yet somehow they'd always been a favorite of mine. I was a huge fan of Jake Arrieta and luckily for me he was starting tonight. But I didn't really care.

The truth was, I couldn't get my mind off Jonny's game tonight. I desperately wanted them to win. If he did, there was only one more win to the cup. I could see him win at home. Both my family and his would rush down the ice, I would engulf him in a hug and probably cry and little bit. He would tell me he loved me and we would go home straight to bed, too high on adrenaline to sleep. Then we'd talk about our summer since he was finally free to do whatever he wanted. Maybe I wanted this win tonight more than the players.

*****

"Bennie you'll do fine so being nervous."

"I'm hurt Natalie, but I can't tell my coach that. He'll pull me. I just want to win for my team."

"I would wish you good luck, but not gonna lie, I'm rooting for my boyfriend tonight." Ben chuckled on the line. As much as I love him, I couldn't not root for the Hawks. Ben was the only connection I had with Tampa while the list of friendships on the Hawks was gigantic.