Chapter 7- Playoffs Baby

"By the age of 18, the average American has witnessed 200,000 acts of violence on television, most of them occurring during Game 1 of the NHL playoff series." -Steve Rushin

Jonathan's P.O.V

Natalie had an annoying habit of ignoring me. Like before, it had been weeks since I'd seen her. But I had to ignore it since it was playoff time. We were 1-1 with Nashville and were finally back at the UC. I really wanted a win here tonight, but I had a feeling I wouldn't be playing well without Natalie there. She was already my good luck charm, even if she didn't know it. Maybe I was being a bit forward, but if you kiss someone you're allowed to develop feelings for them.

There was a knock on the door about 20 minutes before I had to leave. It was quite annoying, but there was a good chance it was just Amanda picking up her tickets. Patrick was already gone so I guess I had to answer it. I jogged towards the door, pulling on a shirt mid-run. Natalie stood in the door frame.

"Hey Jonny, can I snag a jersey." She asked, glancing down at her phone. Nat looked good today, like always. Her blonde hair was straight, something I hadn't seen before on her. There was something about her makeup that made her blue eyes a darker shade. She glanced up again and gave me a weak smile.

"Oh yeah, come on in." She followed me into my room and grabbed the first jersey she saw. It was just the plain red one that everyone had. "Wait Nat, do you want to do something after the game?"

"Listen Jonny, I'm not really into dating hockey players. I don't want to lead you on or anything."

"Yeah that's fine, we could just get something to eat as friends."

"I'd like that." She smiled, giving me me a quick side hug before running out of my house. I was the one who needed to be running. It was already one and the game was starting at 3. I desperately need to leave. The fact that Natalie didn't want to date me because of another hockey player was kind of aggravating. I wasn't like most of the other players, I wasn't into sleeping around with every girl in every city. And even though I did have some not so 'wife material' girlfriends in the past, it was better then being with loads of random puck bunnies. If Natalie didn't want to be with me I would respect that, but I wasn't going to give up that easily. Maybe when she sees how great I could treat her, she'll come to me.

*****
Thankfully we won another game, leaving the series with us leading 2-1. The game was neck and neck until Brandon broke the tie and Seabs clinched the win. I'd scored early in the 2nd and gotten an assist on Brent's goal. But somehow I could've played better for Nat.

Speaking of Natalie, I was sitting in my stall, Krugs on one side and Brandon on the other, when she walked into the locker room. Most of the WAGs were in here so she hadn't caused much attention except a slight eyebrow raise from B. Luckily, he turned his attention back to Alyssa rather quickly. Natalie made a beeline for me, only stopping to give Andrew a quick hug and go say hello to Chaunette.

"Hey, you ready to go?"

"Yeah let me just change." It wasn't bizarre to most of the other WAGs to see the team half naked, but Nat on the other hand wasn't used to it. Sharpie was walking around without a shirt and she looked like she was about to faint. I'm not even going to deny that he's got killer abs. I stripped out of my pads and undershirt, quickly pulling a teeshirt on. When I turned back around, Natalie's eyes were on my chest.

"It's not nice to stare." I smirked, throwing an arm around her shoulder. We walked out the the UC this way and I almost felt like a couple. Almost. Natalie stayed silent which always seemed to happen in this hallway. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, this hallways just kinda gives me the heebie-jeebies. Like what's the point of making it so dark?" She shuttered, falling deeper into my side. She had a point about this hallway, the corners were too dark and it felt as if someone was going to pop out at any given moment. But that was besides the point, Natalie and I were going out again. But she wanted to go to Chipotle...

Thankfully I convinced her to eat it at my place. I knew if we ate there I was bound to be swarmed by fans. Especially since it was playoff season and all the bandwagon fans were looking out for players. We got there around 10 and found a seat around my kitchen table. Pat was at Amanda's again, I don't know why he didn't just move in with her. I was perfectly capable on my own.

"Hey, great game tonight." Natalie said, taking a sip of her beer. She'd changed out of my jersey and into a hoodie, which somehow made her look even more adorable. It was my North Dakota sweatshirt, which she wasn't too happy about. Her inner Minnesotan fan was mentally killing me for giving her this one and not a Hawks hoodie. But there was no way I couldn't torture her like this.

"Thanks, I'm just happy I've got more goals than Patty."

"Is that like a competition?"

"Oh yeah, it's been going on for years." She laughed, most likely making fun of our dumb bets between Pat and I. Her eyes were heavily squinted due to the huge smile spread across her face. Her smile was bright right now, her hair even brighter. I couldn't help leaning over the table and pressing me lips lightly to hers. She kissed back for a brief second before quickly pulling away.

"I should probably go." She stood up quickly, almost frantically. I rushed up after her, pulling her away from the door.

"Can we at least talk about it?"

"There's nothing to talk about, Jonny. I told you I don't date hockey players anymore."

"But that just doesn't make any sense. Just let me take you on one date."

"If that's what it takes to shut you up, I guess I can't not agree." With that she left, and I was left with the goofiest grin on my face.

Sharp got traded *cue sad music*. At least he's going to my loves aka the Stars. Y'all don't even understand how much love I have for that new team. Like Niemi got traded there and of course I've got my boys the Benn brothers, Segs and Spezza. So with that, let's get to the Q/A

Q: Best trades of the year?

A: 1) Niemi to Dallas because I actually hate the Sharks 2)Oshie even though he's gone, at least he's a Capital and Brouwer is on the Blues now 3)Sharpie because we needed the $ and he's officially a Star