Chapter 30 -I Love You

"I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling the truth than adore me for telling you lies." -Pietro Aretino

Jonathan's P.O.V

I wrapped my arm protectively around Natalie. She looked good, like really good. And all the other boys seemed to notice too. Kaner stared at her chest for a solid 10 minutes before I smacked the back of his head. When I'd left her to get us drinks, she'd begun talking to David Rundblad, who was blatantly checking her out. I'd pulled her off to the side as soon as as I returned.

"Hey I was talking to him." She whined, placing her hands on her hips.

"Yeah and he was mentally undressing you. Can we just sit down until the presentation starts? I got us seats by Brandon, Andrew and Patrick." She groaned, but agreed, kissing me lightly on the jaw. The whole crew was already seated at our table, chatting about their plans for the summer.

"Jon, Nat, what are you guys doing?" Brandon asked, his eyes scanning Natalie's body before he looked at his girlfriend and kissed her.

"Well we're heading to Winnipeg on Tuesday for my cup day then coming back here for the convention and then it's TJ's wedding the next week. Then the Summer is pretty free for us."

"Yeah I'll be in DC for the training camp then straight to Saint Louis and hopefully Dallas when Jon's at the Media Tour. What are you all doing?" She explained, smiling down at Brandon.

"Dallas?" I whispered, pulled her back into my chest while I wrapped my arms around her stomach.

"Yeah I'm heading out there to visit Jamie, Jason and Tyler. The Cubs have a game that week out there."

"Jamie will be at the Media Tour with me." I could tell I was gritting my teeth, but there was no way I was letting Natalie and Tyler be alone together for a whole week.

"Kris and Anthony will be out there with me. Why can't you trust me?"

"It's not you I don't trust, it's Tyler. Him and Lindsey got super drunk together one night and made out so sorry I don't want that to happen again."

"Well I'm not Lindsey and I wouldn't do that to you."

"Well you both cheated on me so you've got a lot in common." She didn't even give me time to think before she turned on her heel and walked out of the banquet hall. I chased after her, catching up to her about a block from the hall.

"What the fuck do you want." She hissed, speed walking down the block. I grabbed her wrist, turning her so she was facing me. Her cheeks were tear stained with her black mascara.

"I'm sorry, okay?"

"I get that Jon, but if you're going to hold that above my head forever than I can't deal with that." She was full on sobbing now, struggling to escape my grasp. I grabbed her waist with one hand and held her face with the other, forcing her to look at me.

"I'm an asshole okay? I know you that. But you have to know that I love you more than anyone I've ever met before and that scares me. You mean everything to me and I'm terrified that one day you're going to wake up and realize that you're too good for me and that you deserve so much better, because I swear to god you deserve the world. Natalie, you just don't understand how amazing you are and how many guys in this world would kill to even talk to you once and I'm just here being a dick. And I can't wait for the rest of this summer with you, well actually the rest of my life with you. And I know that's a bit much since we've only been together for like 2 months, but I swear everyday I spend with you makes me fall even more in love with you. So I'm sorry I'm an ass." I was crying now, the sudden realization of how much this girl meant to me washing over me.